17 - So I'm the most attractive?

mackenzie

My head is spinning. The lights are low and the disco ball is being held up by duct tape.

But we're dancing anyway.

And I love it.

She leaned into me, hands resting gently on my waist, "You smell good."

That sent shockwaves through my body.

"Are you to done borderline fucking each other?" A voice I could recognize came from behind us.

That's when I snapped back to reality.

It seems like so did Natalie.

She stepped back, looking around the room, "Everyone's gone?"

I looked around too, realizing everyone is gone except a few people, also lost in the alcohol.

Elliot and Maddie are making out in the corner.

Good for Mads. Elliot is very attractive.

"Yo." Brooks pat Natalie's back, drawing her back to reality. She was pulled away.

Reggie came up to me, offering me a glass of water, "You look thirsty."

I nodded when I took the drink, "Who's here?"

"People you know?" He waited for me to nod, "Nat's friend group. And you know, Eden obviously. Julie and her boyfriend Dylan. Maggie." He leaned on the door frame, "Me."

"We're gonna play truth or dare." Eden laid herself over the couch, "Drunkenly."

Reggie sat next to her, kissing her cheek, "Great idea." He looked around, "Everyone down?"

Cass came down the stairs with London following close behind.

Cass sat on the floor next to Natalie, "Down for what?"

I sat at the far end of the couch, looking down at Cass, "Truth or dare."

"Oh okay." She nodded, "I'm down."

Everyone agreed and then got situated in the large living room. Brooks and London on the love seat, Marcus was on the other side of Eden. Sam was next to him. Natalie and Cass were on the floor next to the coffee table. Maddie and Elliot were squished together on one chair. Julie, Maggie, Dylan, and Reggie were spread around the room.

"Who's going first?" Dark hair. Broad shoulders. Everyone's favorite hockey player. Give it up for Marcus Van der Berg!

"I will ask someone." Eden picked up her drink, looking around the circle carefully, "Sam. Truth or dare?"

Sam nodded, "Dare."

"I dare you to lick the bottom of Dylan's shoe."

Sam nodded, crawling over to Dylan. He's clearly drunk. But I'm going to video tape him anyway.

"Yeah Sam!" Maddie had her phone out as well, recording the whole interaction.

We played that boring game for 30 more minutes. I wasn't necessarily paying attention to the group. My eyes were focused on the brunette sprawled on the floor.

She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.

I mean that.

I've been all over the world. 68 countries.

No one compares to her beauty. Her talent. Her passion for life.

Natalie is smart and funny. And insanely pretty. She is a musical genius if I've ever seen one. She can play 10 different instruments, her voice is phenomenal.

She's SO smart. So if her music career doesn't take off, she has that to fall back on.

AND ON TOP OF ALL OF THAT, she's rich.

I mean so am I. I have way way way more than her but still. I was always set to live a rich life. Fall back into wealthy living as my dad said.

But she has always had a plan on what to do in her life.

"Okay let's cut the shit." Reggie pulled my gaze away from the oblivious girl, "I'm thinking we play dare or drink. Do the dare or take a shot."

"I am in love with that idea." Cass was laying across Natalie's lap.

Everyone is drunk enough. Hell, I threw up in the bathroom upstairs. But sure. Let's introduce another drinking game to finish off this evening!

"Cool." Reggie nodded, pouring a shot of tequila, "Alright I'm picking London first."

She nodded. "Give me the dare."

"Tell us what you did this summer in Monaco."

"Hand me that shot." She reached for the glass smiling at Reggie. She drank it quickly, already used to the sting of the alcohol, "Who's next." She looked around the room quickly, "Mackenzie Valentine."

"What's the dare?"

"Kiss the most attractive person in the room."

Everyone's eyes were on me. They expect me to take a shot. I'm sure of it.

"This reminds me of Perks of Being a Wallflower." I looked around the living room, "But I don't have a girlfriend so if I kiss someone, it doesn't make me an asshole."

"You don't have a girlfriend yet." Sam smiled and took a long drink of his water bottle.

I looked at London, "I don't think I should do this."

"Too pussy?" Dylan raised his dark blonde eyebrows, "Fine what if we changed it up?"

"Yeah okay." London nodded, "Either kiss the most attractive person or call Mr and Mrs Matthews and tell them what you and Nat were really up to tonight."

Everyone laughed as if that was the funniest thing anyone has ever heard. I am not laughing. Either I kiss Natalie or I call my legal guardians and get us both in trouble.

Both having to do with the prettiest girl in the room.

Maddie was looking at me with an amused expression. She knows who I'm going to kiss.

I crawled over to Natalie, "Don't let this get to your head." I cupped her cheek and kissed her slowly.

And she kissed me back.

Brooks whooped and Elliot sucked in a breath as if she didn't know.

I pulled back from her, leaving her with the biggest grin on her face. "So I'm the most attractive?"

I sat back in my spot, "I said don't let it get to your head."

London crossed her arms as if she knew exactly who I was going to kiss.

Now that I think about it, no one was shocked. It wasn't that obvious that I liked her right?