ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇɢɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ

Authors note: This book will be written in first person from different perspectives like Zoe, Jenna, Xavier, etc. Also, thank you for all the comments. This book will have sensitive content, so if you know you don't like these sort of things, don't continue reading. And no negativity, thank you.

_____________

XAVIER

"What about Jenna? Is she dead?" I asked, but there was silence on the other line. "Zoe, answer me. Is Jenna dead?"

Just then, a nurse approached me. "Mr. James, we need to speak with you," she said, her voice calm but urgent.

"Zoe, I'll call you back." I say then ended the call. "Is everything okay?" I asked, barely able to get the words out.

The nurse hesitated for a moment before speaking. "Ms Gracia is in emergency surgery. We need to perform a c-section right away. However, she's panicking and asking for you."

I felt a knot form in my stomach. This was it. This was the moment I had been looking forward to and dreading. "Take me to her."

The nurse led me down the hallway to a room where Sofia was lying on a bed, her eyes closed in pain. Her breathing was heavy and labored, and I could see the fear in her eyes.

"Sofia," I said, taking her hand. "I'm here for you. You're going to be okay."

She looked up at me, tears streaming down her face. "Xavier, I'm so scared. What's happening to the baby?"

I stood in there, holding Sofia's hand tightly as the doctors rushed around us. I could see the fear in her eyes, and I tried my best to calm her down.

"Sofia, everything is going to be okay," I said, trying to keep my voice steady. "The doctors are here to help you and the baby."

"I'm scared," Sofia said, her voice shaking. "What if something goes wrong?"

"I'm here with you," I said, squeezing her hand. "We have the best doctors taking care of us."

She squeezed my hand tightly, her grip almost painful. I could feel the sweat on her forehead as she struggled to breathe. I wanted to take her pain away, to make everything better, but I knew I couldn't.

"Okay Ms Gracia this should help with the pain." The nurse said.

The doctors worked quickly, preparing Sofia for the emergency c-section. They told me to wait outside, but I refused. I couldn't leave her side, not when she needed me the most.

"Xavier." Sofia says in a weak voice.

"I'm here." I assure her.

"If anything happens to me, promise you'll keep the baby safe."

I wipe the tears on her face. "Don't say that. You're going to be okay, I promise.

I watched as they cut into her belly, their hands moving with practiced precision. Finally, they pulled out a beautiful baby boy, and I felt relieved.  He was small, but at least he was here.

"He's here, Sofia," I said, my voice breaking with emotion. "Our baby boy is here."

I could see the tears in her eyes as well. "Is he okay?" she asked, her voice weak.

"He's perfect," I said, smiling through my tears. "Just like his mother."

"Get the baby to the NICU he's not breathing." The doctor said urgently.

What?

As the doctors worked to stop the bleeding, Sofia's face went pale, her eyes fluttering closed. The machines started beeping loudly and my panic grew