The James Siblings

ZOE

I sit in the hospital waiting room. Sofia and Xavier are talking to the police right now. They're a few feet away, but I'm not listening. I'm worried about Jason, and I feel guilty about Lala.

I look down at Saint in his car seat. He's not sleeping. In fact, he's wide awake, staring up at me with those big baby eyes. I've still never held him. I've just been too afraid I'd drop him.

He starts fussing in his car seat, but I'm frozen.

"Hey, hey. No crying, okay?" I whisper to him, but that seems to set him off.

Jesus.

I unbuckle his the strap and carefully take him out, placing him on my lap. He quiets down, and I still look down at him.

"You're fat." I say to him, and he smiles at me. "Okay, kid, don't.. don't give me those eyes, alright?"

He moves his head around, looking around at everything, so I just let him lay his back on me and let him do his thing.

Just then, I hear someone calling my name, and I lift my head.

"Lala."

"Zoe."

I get up still holding Saint as Lala gets closer to me. I bite my lip. I want to cry.

"You came?" I said softly.

She smiles and tucks my hair behind my ear. "Of course I came."

I think the notices the tears forming in my eyes because she pulls me in and kisses me. I can't exactly use my hands to hold her, but I kiss back. I don't want it to end. Enothing feels better than this.

We finally pull away, and we simply rest our foreheads together.

"Lala, I'm so sorry..." I whisper.

"I know." She answers.

"We should probably talk, huh?"

"No, I'm talking, and you're listening." She says. "It hurt. It really hurt seeing you with someone else."

"Lala, I'm -"

"Shhhh."

"Sorry. Go on." I say.

"It hurt, but I heard what you said. I did put my needs before yours with the whole baby thing." She says while Saint plays with her long hair.

I take his hand away. My hair.

"I'm sorry. We both were selfish in our own way." She says.

I give her a small smile. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry I kissed her and I'm sorry I said what I said."

"I know we have a lot to talk about, but if the choice is you or a baby... I choose you, Zoe."

That's all I wanted to hear.

"I love you, Lala." I say to her.

"I love you too, Zora James."

"Zoe." Xavier calls out. "Jason's out of surgery."

"Oh." I say and quickly hand Saint over to Lala.

"Good luck." Lala says, and I smile at her before Xavier grabs my hand.

"Is he okay?" I ask Xavier.

"Yeah. The nurse said he's awake and they set him up in a room." He says.

Xavier and I walk into Jason's room, but I hesitate before stepping in.

"Hey." Jason says weakly.

Xavier told me everything that happened.

"Hey." Xavier and I say at the same time.

"How are you feeling?" I ask.

"Like I've been shot." He answers.

"Guess you're both even now." I say.

"Zoe." Xavier warns.

"Calm down. I'm joking." I say and sit down next to Jason.

"Guys, I'm fine. You didn't have to stay." Jason says.

"Yeah, no. Does it hurt?" I say slowly, lifting the neckline of his hospital gown.

"Yes, it hurts." Jason says.

"On the bright side. You're gonna have a gnarly scar, dude. It's gonna be so badass." I say to him, and he chuckles.

"Ugh, dont make me laugh it hurts." Jason smiles.

"When you're discharged, you can stay with Sofia and I." Xavier says to Jason.

"What about Jenna?"

"Oh yeah. She's dead." I answer for him.

"At least some good came out of this." He says.

Xavier and I glance at each other, then Jason. We all have such hectic personal lives, but for some reason, right now, everything just feels.... calm. We're here together and getting along. The James siblings.

Just us againt the world.

Jason squeezes my hand. "Thank you guys for being here." He says.

"We'll always be here, jason." Xavier says.

"Always." I saw while messing up his hair.

The end.

Thank you for reading. Don't forget to check out my other stories

THE STEPDAD AFFAIR

Kidnapped|The Brother's Possession (Major TW)

Bloody Adoration|Serial killer

The Billionaires Surrogate