Chapter 9

"How did David manage to get the whole thing closed down?" Declan chuckles.

"Perks of being a princess" I smile.

For our double date, Declan and Mason wanted to take us to play golf. But since neither Roberta nor I have ever played, going to an actual golf course was too much, so they decided to give the next best thing a go: mini golf.

David found a place, made some calls, and here we are, with the whole place for just for the four of us.

"So, how are we making the teams? Bffs vs bffs?" Mason asks.

"Hell no. We've never played golf before, that wouldn't be fair. Let's do couples" Roberta says, giving him one of her most charming smiles. "Don't you want to teach me how to hold the stick?"

"Golf club."

"What?"

"That's how the stick is called. Golf club" Mason says, getting closer to her and giving her a look that makes her giggle.

"Oh, God" Declan whispers next to me.

"Yep" I chuckle. "But hey, while they are busy flirting, we can take advantage of it and win."

"We aren't going to flirt?" he asks, trying not to smile.

"I didn't say that. And I am a woman, I can do two things at the same time. Can you?" I say with a mischievous smile.

"Watch me" he says as he leans forward, his face very close to mine.

"Ok lovebirds, who goes first?" Roberta asks, ruining the moment. Though maybe I should thank her, because if Declan kept getting that close and looking at me like that, I would have definitely ended on the floor after my knees had given up.

"Princesses go first" he winks.

"Alright then" I say, picking up one of the small balls.

"Are you sure you've never played before?" Mason asks me while I get ready.

"Nope. Why?"

"You are a natural" Declan says.

"Does that mean you won't be teaching me how to hold the stick?" I pout.

"If you ask like that" he says with a cheeky smile, moving to stand behind me. "The body is perfect, but the hands..." he says, putting his on top of mine, slowly moving them. "There. Give it a go now."

"Ok" I say, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, missing his body against mine the moment he steps back.

"Nah, you are lying. You've played before" Mason says after the ball almost goes in.

"Beginners luck" I shrug.

"Or maybe she has a good teacher" Declan adds.

"My turn! Do I also look like a natural?" Roberta asks Mason.

"Almost. There are some things that need improvement" he says, moving to stand behind her and making her giggle. Again.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"My God, they are disgusting" Declan says while we watch Mason helping Roberta for the millionth time, her giggles being heard everywhere.

"Don't be mean!" I say, giving him a little push. "I'm sure you've also had girls behaving like that when you've taught them how to play golf."

"You are the first girl I've taken to play golf" he says.

"Really?" I ask, my cheeks feeling warm.