eleven

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 |
𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚, 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 | 𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙪𝙣𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙚, 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙢𝙞𝙙𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙧𝙖𝙞𝙣

✧༝✧

Conrad turned to see Riven standing in the doorway of the outdoor shower. His eyes roamed the anger on her face, then the sticky mess staining her chest and clothes.

"What happened to you?" He asked, curious.

She took a step forward, "I need to use the shower."

"I'm kinda using it." Conrad pointed out, letting the water run over his bare chest.

"Well kinda stop using it." Riven continued to frown, "I need it."

"So do I." He gestured to the drink clutched in her hand, "How many of those have you had?"

"Five, six?" She shrugged, "Why do you care?"

"Because you're trying to start an arguement out of nothing." He stated, "I thought we were starting to get along."

"You thought wrong." She scoffed, taking another sip.

Conrad searched her face. She was definitely angry but she also looked upset, and she was most definitely drunk. "What's the matter with you?"

"With me?" Riven took a step forward, "What's the matter with you?"

His eyebrows pulled together, "Riven, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Let me in the shower." She said, trying to push him out of the waters stream with one hand.

"Hey!" Conrad tried to take hold of her arm as she stumbled.

"Conrad!" Riven scowled, putting down her glass and using both hands to try and push him away.

He tried to catch her flailing arms, "You can't just--"

"Just let me--" She kept trying to push him, trying to fight, trying to rid her anger and every emotion that was surfacing but then a wave of alcohol crashed over her brain. Her eyes started streaming with tears and she started to tumble dizzyly into the wall and slide down it, "Just--"

"Woah, hey, Riven." Conrad's hand grasped her waist, steadying her to the ground. She was sobbing uncontrollably and even beginning to shake. His heart was pounding harshly against his ribcage. 

Conrad brushed the clinging wet hair away from her face. He tilted her chin, trying to get her to look at her, "Riv. Riv, hey, hey. You're okay. You're just very drunk. Let me help you. Okay? Will you let me help you?"

She gave the slightest nod but it was detectable. Her eyes remained downcast as Conrad grabbed an old towel and wet it, dabbing at the alcohol absorbing on her chest, clothes and feet.