sixteen

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 |
𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙖𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 | 𝙩𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙖𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩

Flashbacks in Italics.
𝘔𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘯 𝘊𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝗢𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗮 𝗡𝗼𝗲𝗹

✧༝✧

𝙏𝙚𝙣 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙝𝙨 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙧

The world around Riven was still moving, it wasn't going to stop just because Susannah had passed away. The world in her head, however, had come to a halt. Her thoughts were consumed by the past and by Conrad Fisher...

It had been ten months since they'd had their first kiss.

Riven and Conrad were sitting in an area of sand half surrounded by beachgrass. He couldn't stop playing with her fingers, enjoying the feeling of her skin connecting with his; she felt electric.

Her right hand reached into the back pocket of her shorts, pulling out the necklace her dad had given her on her tenth birthday. She rubbed her thumb over the locket.

Conrad could see the tightening of her shoulders, "You okay?"

Riven sighed, "I'm still afraid to wear it."

"Why?" He questioned.

She gently shrugged, "I guess... we still have things of Dad's, but it's just the last thing he physically gave to me. Breaking it and leaving it behind was painful enough, now the thought of it happening again..."

Conrad shook his head, "It won't."

"Thank you for fixing it. I never expected that." Riven's eyes met his, she exhaled with a smile, gesturing between the two of them, "I never expected this. Do you think this is the right thing though? With what your mom, and you, and family are going through--"

"I know it's a difficult situation, complicated even." Conrad said, his thumb running over her knuckles, "A lot's going to change, but you and I... I think this is right. Don't you?"

A small grin pulled onto her lips, her right hand finding her back pocket again. This time she'd placed the locket back in and pulled something else out. Riven opened her palm, revealing a silver ring that knotted into the shape of the infinity symbol.

"You gave this to me on my tenth birthday." She met his gaze. He was already entranced by her. Riven quietly laughed, "I was really into jewellery that year, it's all I wanted."