fourteen

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 |
𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

| 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 | 𝙞 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙪𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪

✧༝✧

Today happened to be one of the very few days that Riven was still in a deep sleep. That was until Susannah sat on the edge of her bed and shook her awake.

"Morning, Riven." She whispered with a smile.

Riven's lips emitted a gasp as her eyes unstuck. She sat up in a hurry, scared she'd missed her alarm, "Oh no, am I late?"

Susannah gently laughed, "No, you're fine. Are you ready for your big day?"

It was the day of the debutante ball, and the day of Susannah's dream of seeing her girls in a white dress. Riven would've been ready for the ball but when she had spent the night with Zac a few days ago, that had changed.

"Not at all." Riven ran a hand through her tangled hair.

"Oh, yes, you are." Susannah encouraged some positivity into her.

"What if I trip?" She questioned.

"You won't." Susannah told her, "Just hold onto Zac's arm, he won't let you fall."

There was a nervous turning happening in her stomach. Riven ran a hand over her face, "How's Belly?"

"She's good. Jeremiah will keep her upright too."

Riven's head lifted and her eyebrows scrunched together, "Jeremiah?"

"Yeah." Susannah nodded, "Belly and Cam called it quits. She asked Jeremiah to be her escort."

She hadn't known that. Belly hadn't told her. In that moment Riven realised how much she had secluded herself this summer. How things that had been happening had made her shut everyone else out.

"Oh." Riven responded, a little perplexed but then she smiled, "That'll be fun."

Susannah noticed there was something off in Riven's eyes, and it wasn't just the fact she'd been abruptly awoken. She placed her hand in the young girls one, "You sure you're okay with this? I know there was a part of you that was unsure."

Riven nodded, although she was still apprehensive. She didn't want to disappoint Susannah though, "Yeah, I wanna finish what I started."

The blondes smile grew to the size of her face. Susannah gently stroked a hand down the side of Riven's face, "I love you so much, my sweet Riv."

She smiled back, "I love you too."

"Meet you downstairs." Susannah pressed a kiss to Riven's forehead before leaving the bedroom.

Behind Riven, hanging on the door of her wardrobe, sat a stunning white dress ready to be worn to the ball. Her mind travelled back to a few days ago when Susannah had made her wear it to paint her portrait out in the garden. She'd done the same with Belly.