chapter thirty

Maggie's Pov:
---------------------------

"You need to get down! We are leaving and that branch isn't stable enough! Julien you are going to get hurt!" I yelled from the bottom of the tree. We were trying to leave the park because we'd finished our picnic.

My girlfriend was currently climbing up a tree for some reason and it was making me extremely nervous. "Will you please get down?" I asked, handing Fallon off to Noah and holding out my hands to help her down.

"Fine, I'll get down," Julien climbed to a lower spot, grabbed my hands, and jumped down from the tree.

"Thanks, babe," she kept ahold of one of my hands and kissed my cheek. We continued to walk over to the cars that were parked next to each other.

"Don't go," Fallon pouted, laying her head down on her mom's shoulder. She was just too cute, how could any of us possibly say no to her?

"We'll see you back at your house," Julien grinned, taking her keys out of her pocket. Noah and Fallon rode with Josiah while I went with Julien.

"If the tree was more stable, I would've let you stay in it for longer but you were making me nervous," I kissed the back of her hand a few times.

"I've fallen out of trees before so you probably helped me dodge a bullet. The last time I actually fell out of a tree it made it into the 'Not Strong Enough' music video, I had a cigarette in my mouth and almost burned myself."

I rolled my eyes playfully, "what am I gonna do with you? You're such a handful."

"Maybe I am, but I know you like it," She smirked, pulling into the driveway behind Josiah's smaller car.

"You're right, I do." We all got out of our cars and went back into the cozy house. Fallon was showing Julien and I some of her favorite toys while we all sat on the couch.

Painting pictures was something that Fallon had become really into so eventually the paint supplies were brought out.

"When do you go on tour, Julien?" Josiah asked after he sat back down from collecting the necessary items for his daughter to paint with.

"In a few months, we have a bunch of magazine shoots and then we play shows in the US and places in the UK. I know it's gonna be fun, stressful but very fun."

"You've insane on stage, Julien. I started seeing videos of you on social media and I was just blown away," Noah smiled.

"Thank you! I just get lost in the music and my body does what it wants," Julien shyly spoke. Every time she gets shy about something that she loves it makes my heart skip a beat. It's something about the way she quickly looks down at her lap and smiles that does it for me.

Our conversation about the tour continued until Fallon carefully took the semi-wet scribble painting and climbed onto Julien's lap.

"Made for Auntie Maggie and Auntie Julien!" She grinned, handing the painting to my girlfriend.

She gasped, her eyes widened as she looked at the painting, "this is amazing! Thank you, Fallon!"

"You did such a good job! We love it so much!" I took the piece of art from Julien and placed it on the coffee table so it could finish drying.

After ten minutes of another conversation, my heart went crazy as I saw that Fallon had fallen asleep on Julien's lap. I cooed before covering my mouth with my hand. "This is the cutest thing I've ever seen!"

"It looks like someone needs a nap," Josiah got up as I snapped a few photos of the two. My brother gently picked up his daughter, causing her to momentarily wake up.

"Fallon, Maggie, and I have to go, but we'll see each other again, okay?" Julien talked to the exhausted toddler.

It was very difficult to leave, but eventually, we were back in the car, driving back to Julien's house with a new painting to hang up somewhere.

---------------------------

a/n: I hate having migraines, haven't been able to write as much as I'd like this week because I keep having them.

I'm glad that I write chapters ahead of time so when I'm having an off week, I'm not stressing as much as I would be.

One more thing, I've figured out that the 2nd epilogue chapter will become the last chapter of the book, so instead of 3 epilogue chapters, they'll be 2

-A