chapter thirty-eight

3rd Person Pov:
---------------------------

Every person who was stuck in the current situation felt awful. Thirty minutes went by and Magnolia's shift had ended, she sat in her car and joined a group call.

Phoebe, Lucy, Julien, and Chloé were all at home, while Tina was still at her desk job. Everyone's phones had 'Do Not Disturb' turned on because of the nonstop notifications.

"What are we gonna do? Do we just ignore it until it passes over?" Magnolia asked, chewing on her bottom lip.

"I just don't think that's right. You're being attacked on social media, Maggie," Tina argued, she was always gonna stick up for her friend no matter what happens.

"I'll put a statement out on the band's Twitter, I wish I didn't have to reveal our relationship this way but I hope it'll help alleviate the hate," Julien opened her notes app and began typing a draft tweet.

"I'm gonna be honest, of course, it's also not how I envisioned telling the public but I'm not upset with you, Phoebe," Maggie knew people were gonna eventually find out, it was just a matter of how and when.

"Are you sure? You're allowed to be upset," the girl felt absolutely awful. Phoebe was being careless, she didn't intentionally post a photo with her friends kissing in the back but she knew she could've been more attentive.

"I mean, I wanted people to know eventually. Why hide something you love, right? I know I'm a good person and I know that our love is stronger than what a bunch of nobodies say online," Maggie wasn't one hundred percent telling the truth, she just didn't want her friends to worry about her.

She hadn't done an in-depth look on her Instagram but scrolling through the influx of notifications, most of them were vile.

"How's the tweet coming along?" Lucy asked, she had been looking over Magnolia's Instagram. Fans had figured out she was dating Julien and were asking Tina and Chloé in their comment sections for confirmation.

"I'm almost done, give me a few minutes," she sighed, trying to figure out the right way to word things.

"Looks like all of my comments are asking if you guys are dating. I think they definitely know Tina and I are together, it's not that hard to figure out considering we have multiple photos of us mid-makeout-sesh," Chloé was monitoring her and her girlfriend's comments. Almost all of the hate was directed at Magnolia.

"Okay, the tweet just went live," Julien had a pit in her stomach. She was so nervous, Julien valued her privacy greatly, so the fact that everyone was in her personal life, was a little violating.

Everyone opened their Twitter, looking at the simple but direct response and liking it. They watched as responses fled through, a mix of supportive, apologetic, and hateful.

"Thank you, honey," Maggie smiled, turning on her car and backing out of the parking lot. She passed an all-black car with tinted windows that was not so subtly watching her as she left.

"You don't have to thank me, you don't deserve all the negativity," she replied. The friends talked until Maggie got home and Tina got off work.

 The friends talked until Maggie got home and Tina got off work

---------------------------

a/n: the amount of times I've fallen asleep while writing about Julien and i STILL haven't had a dream with her in it, is crazy.

-A