14. Lies

So a lot has happened over the course of four days. Nico, Emmett, and Rose told me they were mates and had to hide it because Emmett and Rose didn't want Nico getting hurt. Which, I found so fucking cute, and it basically gave them a free pass, making me forgive them. How could I not? The king's and Carlisle had not let me out of their sight but Carlisle still kept a good distance from me knowing damn well that I haven't fully forgiven him yet, it will take a long time to do so. I mean, imagine your boyfriend leaves town after promising to keep in contact, only to ignore your ass making you worry shitless if he's safe, then to be told that he was trying to break the mate bond, which I find ironic as in the beginning he asked me not to before we tried as least. Was this not fucking trying? I know I'm not easy but I'm trying so fucking hard. Can't he see that? Was I not trying hard enough for him to see?

After blurring all this out to Rose as she calmed me down, when I finally allowed myself to cry. Gods know I need it right now. "What did I do wrong?" I asked, my voice breaking as I sniff. Rose then assured me I did nothing, and Carlisle was in her words 'just being stupid'

Time blurred going by without much care on my side. Then I get a call that shocks and confuses me. Looking at the caller ID, I see:

Zeus,

'Hello Elizabeth, how are you today.' I hear him say.
'Good, I guess, Father and yourself?' I grunted. As the words left my mouth, Nico's eyes darted towards me, disregarding his mates for a moment.
'Nothing new.' He began
'Is there an issue, father?' I quipped not having much patience.
'Yes.' He replied bluntly.
'And...that issue would be?' I sigh, knowing he was sending me on a quest.
'Hades, has been... rather upset as of lately. Perhaps if you and Nico visited him, it would lighten his mood before the solstice.'
'Why must I always be the one to fix shit?' I scoffed, disregarding all four of my mates sharing a wary look. Possibly because my vulgar language or who said language is directed to.
'Lizzie.' He almost pleaded.
'Mmm.' I hum acknowledging that I, in fact, will go speak to my dear dad, 'Fine, but then I want to bring four people to the Solstice for the three of you to meet.' Said four's eyes all grew wide with worry.
'It would be an honor to meet them.'
'Sure, sure.' Boredly twirling my hair, 'Right, I've gotta go, Love you, bye.' I blurted out, realizing that I just gave away the fact I have more than one mate.

Taking a few seconds to breathe, Nico starts walking towards me, disregarding the shock plastered on my face. "So do we bring the bunch with to dad. You know, to ease him into it, or just us two?" He asked jokingly, trying to lighten the mood. "I have no bloody clue, Nico." I look at my mates for an answer. He king's seem to think about it while Carlisle looks down, hiding his face. Frowning, I shake my head to clear my thoughts. "So?" I mumbled quietly. "We'll go." Marcus said. Moving my eyes across to a particular vampire who still had his head down, "Carlisle?" I whispered know they all heard. "I'll go if you want me there, my love." The doubt it is voice stung a bit but was completely reasonable. "Perfect, you four should go pack. we'll leave tomorrow." I smiled.

Nico walked over to his mates, probably to ask the same question. After a good 3 minutes, he came back with a grin on his face. "Your fucked." I stated bluntly. Chuckling at my outburst, he said, "And you're not? Come now, Lizzie, you and I both know you're worse. You already love the other three, and you finally said it to Carlisle."

"How's it going with Carlisle?" He knew how much that hurt. He knew it reminded me of HIM. "Good, I guess. I don't know, should I just forgive him already? I mean, he's done so much to apologize. He even said he'll move with to Volterra with us." Rambling has always been my coping mechanism. It's not the best option, but I still do it.

After a few seconds of silence, we both head back to the house. After packing a buffle bag with clothes. Not knowing how much to pack, I just do the bare minimum, knowing that dad has some of my clothes there. I filled the duffle with books that I've finished while staying here to swap with some there.

Once we were done, Nico and I called it a night so we could be well rested tomorrow, "Hey Nico?" I ask into the darkness, unaware if he was still awake. "Mmm?" He slurred. "Have you told dad you have a mate? Just to warn him." The question had been eating me up inside, knowing if he didn't there would be even more tension. "Well Shit." Was all he said before muttering something about telling him tomorrow.

So I pushed my worries aside and fell asleep as well. Gods know I need it after the week I just had experienced. But one question appeared in my dream, Should I finally forgive Carlise for his stupidity? I do love him after all.

----------------------------------

Another chapter done.
Let me know what you think.

Credits to LADY-CLARK for the suggestion on Nico's Mate