16. Fix it

Marcus POV

Lizzie had been acting strange lately, and I don't know why. After the incident in the car, I'm at a loss of what to think.

Watching the door close shut as Elizabeth all but sprints out the room, I take a second to wonder if we did anything wrong. "What do you mean, 'if you wish to age and live out your human years, we will not stop you' ?" Aro yelled, I knew his outburst was only a result of his stress, but that didn't make me any less aggravated.

Carlisle and Caius frozen at Aro's outburst. None of us want her to die, but I'll be damned if we make her unhappy with our own selfish needs. "Drop it Aro." The warning glare Cauis sent his way was enough to shut him up for a bit. "Is no one going to talk about the way she ran out of here?" Carlisle

We all stared blankly at a wall, the past event playing in our minds like a fresh wound. "No?" I answer, but it sounded more like a question.

~~~

Lizzie returned much later into the night. She kept her face down, but I could still see the faint tear marks lining her cheeks along with her eyes being slightly more red.

She had been crying

But why?

I slowly stood up and approached her, expecting to be pushed away, but instead, she turned towards me, tackling me into a hug. My hands instantly cling onto her as if I have been deprived of hugs.

"What's the matter, mia regina?" Cauis questioned, instantly coming to her side. She cried more as if his question upset her more. Slowly, Lizzie let go of me and moved to Cauis, hugging him with the same compassion. "Ho te amore mio." (I've got you my love.)

Soon after, she went to Carlisle's side, hugging him. He stared swaying her softly, causing her cries to soften. "What's the matter angle?" His voice sounded pained. Which is true. It physically pained us to see her cry.

Aro stood frozen in place, slowly Elizabeth walked towards him. She hugged hik tight. "I'm so sorry." She muttered so faint I barely heard it. Aro's grip tightened at her words.

This all felt like a goodbye.

Is that what this is?

"It's not a goodbye yet, Marcus." Her voice broke at the end. "Yet?" Aro asked. He looked defeated. "Why yet?" I whispered, it can't be goodbye. "What have we done wrong, amore?"  "Nothing, nothing, I promise. It's not your fault." She rushed out, cupping Aro's cheeks in reassurance. We nodded.

Soon after, we moved to sit on her bed. Talking about anything besides whatever she is keeping from us.

Elizabeth's POV

"I need to tell you all something... and you're not going to like it." Taking a deep breath, I continue. "My fathers think it's for the best if I, along with my friends, become gods/goddesses once we turn 18." As I end my sentence, I hear everyone take a sharp breath.

Looking down at my fingers that sat neatly on my lap, I felt a hand lift up my head from under my chin. "Look at us amore mio. We're not mad." Marcus' statement brought tears to my eyes again. "But why not." I whimper out

"If it means we never have to leave you, I'm all for it." Carlisle added with Cauis nodding along with him.

"Aro?" Marcus spoke with a hint of annoyance in his voice. Aro looked up, and his face portrayed an emotion I've only seen once. Hopelessness.

Aro carefully cupped my fave in his hands, so softly it was as if I was about to crumble if him made any fast movements. "What if we bit you after you turned into a goddess?" His question threw me off a bit. I was expecting them to yell and leave, not for them to be understanding and try help.

"I'm not sure, but if you'd like, I could ask around and see if I find any answers." Athena should be able to give me somewhat of an answer.  They all nod.

Perfect. At least I still have them.

"So," I whisper, cuddling into my mates, who were laying around me, "The Solstice. Are you all okay to go and get threatened the entire evening?" I won't say it, but I really want them there. The solstice is one of my favorite days, and I would love to spend it with them. "Would you like us there, bellissimo?" Aro mumbled against my hair.

"A thousand percent." There wasn't a doubt in my mind. As I said that, Carlisle looked away, almost like he'd been slapped. "I want all of you there." I finish, exaggerating the 'all' a bit. His eye met mine silently, asking if I meant what I said, which I do, I feel strongly for all my mates, I want my family to accept them.

I nod, watching a smile make its way on his face as he grins like he won the lottery.  He then mouths an 'I'm sorry'. So in order to finally get the fact I no longer mad at him in his thick skull I suddenly pull him into a hug, a hug I've grown to adore over the small time I've known them.

"Are we not deserving of your spectacular hugs, love?" Cauis asks jokingly, making me pull away from Carlisle only to come face to face with my three other mates sulking. Scoffing, I pull them all into a hugas well. The hug was calming, like all my problems vanished with their touch. I could get used to this, to this feeling.

Shit.

I am Fucked. Aren't I?

I think I truly love them.

—————————————————–

What do you think?
Can she forgive Carlise now?