Chapter 14 First Day

Meera's POV

The address he gave me took me to his house which was not what I expected from a school teacher it looked rather opulent. Not believing I came to the right address I checked again but it was correct not thinking more about it I just made myself towards its entrance and I rang the bell.
I checked my watch it was 7:55 but the door wasn't answered so I rang it again after a minute.
And then I heard the footsteps coming closer to the door that was opened by him dressed but just some final touches were left like combing his hair and shoes were replaced by slippers with his cute baby in his arms who looked really moody.

"Hey pls come in" he said and moved inside.
Coming in I shut the door and went behind him.
The house looked really good from inside with its minimal interior.
He sat at one end of the sofa and I on the opposite.
I was busy looking at the interior when I heard him clearing his throat and say "Meera before we discuss further I want to know if you are fine with this job and not under any pressure and if you're not then we can start from today" looking at me in question.

(How could I forget he never beated around the bush and came straight to the point.)

I knew he'd be suspicious why I would've taken this job when I had a degree but he didn't have to know anything else. Not wanting to tell him about my financial situation I said "I'm totally fine with this job and no pressure sir and yes today is good" trying to sound casual.
"So does your son have a name yet?" I asked trying to change the topic.
"Yes my mother suggested Yash and I like it so we'll be naming him that" he replied.
"Yash is a really nice name sir."
"Meera I think you don't have to call me sir now" he said.
"But you are my sir how can I not I mean now I'm your employee so.." I replied reasoning.
"Fine then and here's Yash's routine and you can ask me anything anytime if you have a question and only me and Yash live here there's a maid that usually comes around 10 or so and I'll be leaving today at 8:45 as I took some time off to discuss the details" he said and we discussed further about my timing and salary and some other things about Yash's preference.
When we finished it was almost 8:30 so looking at him I knew he wanted some time so I took Yash from him and he went to do his final touches.
Looking at me little Yash tried to snuggle close to me and closed his eyes making me go awe at him kissing his forehead I prayed to God thanking him for crossing Yash and my paths who made me happy.

After sometime he was there fully dressed with a bag in his hand that had some paper spilling out.
Asking me and telling me everything once again he then checked his watch and went.

Looking at Yash sleeping I thought to go over routine that he gave me.
After I read it I revised it because I cannot sabotage this job it was my first step to take control of my life and the pay was also good.

After an hour Yash woke up and according to his schedule it was feeding time so I took him with me and in the kitchen I took the bottle he already kept for Yash and made him drink.
It was a lot different than our first time when I breastfed him but I don't think I should anymore without his permission and we didn't even discussed about his reaction maybe later we will when he comes back.

After getting full he slept and I heard the door bell so I carefully kept Yash in the cot in the living room and went to open it and there I saw a woman who looked elder to me but I couldn't quite tell.
"Namaste Didi mai Sejal yaha par kaam karti hu aap?" She asked me introducing herself.
"Namaste mai Meera aap muje Meera hi bulaiye pls mai Yash ki dekh baal ke liye ayi hu" I replied.
"Nahi aap muje aap mat bulaiye didi nam se bulaiye" she asked me but how can I she looked a little elder than me so I refused but she again asked me the same whenever I interacted with her so at last I gave in and called her by her name but she still called me Meera Didi.
I got to know she lives around the neighborhood and has a family of four so I asked her if she used to take care of Yash but she told me she wasn't able to due to her jobs at different houses.
She was a good person at heart she adored Yash.
As he is only a month old he'll need his sleep for atleast 14 hours or so I researched and after an hour Sejal went.
It was around 4 when I just fed Yash and I was going to keep him back to his cot I heard the door bell I thought who it might be he didn't inform me if someone was coming but I stopped my thinking and went to open it with little Yash in my arms and saw it was Karan Sir himself.
"I hope he didn't really trouble you" he asked coming in shutting the door.
"No he was really good and calm."
"Well you didn't really message me so I thought you might be in a doubt to call if there was a trouble or question and so I came early" he said.
"I'm sorry sir for not messaging because it was all well nothing to worry so I didn't want to disturb you and I met Sejal she is really good" I replied.
"Oh it's fine and yeah Sejal is a good person" he said.
One question was bothering me since I came here and thought to ask him.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but where is Yash's mother?"

Word count:1020
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
So what will be Karan's answer? And would she be able to keep this job or mess it up?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!