Chapter 31 Staying Here

Karan's POV

When I got home I thought to give Meera what I brought for her but stopped looking at the person sitting on the sofa drinking tea it was my Maa what! how is she here why didn't she inform me whenever she comes here she use to inform me before so I go and pick her up from the station.
I hid it tightly behind my back and went to Maa and asked her the same she said she wanted to surprise me damn! it was surely one hell of a surprise.
Then I asked her about Papa because if she's here then who is with him as he has a knee problem he can't really travel due to pain and someone has to be with him to take his care.
She replied that chachu is with him and complained about his casual behaviour about his condition I just shaked my head at this because these two always do this first disagree on something and become one again after sometime.
We chatted some more and I saw Meera went to the kitchen after talking with Maa I carefully go to the kitchen to give what I brought for Meera without showing it to Maa because if she knows she'll eat my head with her curiosity and assumptions.

In the kitchen,

I was really nervous I don't know why it looked like she was preparing for the dinner , I took a deep breath and passed it to her she was surprised at first and blushed I guess ? Oh God how much I like that blush of hers shit what am I thinking she took it from me and I came back from whatever trance I was in and apologised to her about yesterday and rambled something about the flowers getting nervous but got stopped by her. She said it was her favourite that made me sigh in relief then she asked how did I know I replied what happened at the flower shop my eyes caught it and never left . She said I didn't have to bring her these but I wanted too and I said so and she blushed oh my god I made her blush twice now I was happy seeing the colour on her cheeks it became my favourite now I told her I didn't know Maa was gonna be here she said it was fine I didn't want her to assume otherwise.
Then she asked me that she can use nursery I said yes but I asked her why then she explained me that Maa will stay in the guest room which was hers I felt really bad for not thinking about it I refused her to do so but she convinced me saying that she will do it and Maa will be watching her too now so then I went from there and freshened up in my room.

Yash's nursery room was the room beside mine so when I came out of my room I thought to check it if it's ok for Meera to stay in.
Entering the nursery room I saw it was fine there was a cot and a single bed on the other side of the room I had it there because if I wanted to stay with Yash for the night but now I can't bear him sleeping in the other room so he slept with me. I checked and brought some essentials and kept it in the cabinets in the washroom it was just another room when I had bought it as a 3 bhk but for Yash I changed it to his nursery but he never used it because I was way too attached to let him sleep in another room.

Then I came into the living room and saw that Maa wasn't there she must've gone to the guest room thinking I sat there and checked for some emails after sometime I went to the kitchen and saw Meera had already made some dishes and was now cooking chapati I asked her What did you cook ? She got startled by me as I was standing beside her and came from behind.
"Ahh!!" She exclaimed scared.
"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" I said looking at her face she looked really scared.
"It's ok sir" she said trying to calm herself.
"Well I was asking what did you cook ?"
"Umm I cooked Aloo matar, Dal makhani, Baigan ka bharta, suji ka halwa for dessert which is almost ready and I'm making chapati is it ok or should I cook rice also?" She said.
My mouth got watered thinking about it because suji ka halwa was my favourite and by now I knew Meera cooked delicious food I stopped my thinking and said to her "No need for rice these are so much it's fine Meera."
She nodded and continued her cooking.
I went from there in the living room and saw Maa was watching some serial on T.V. Ofcourse Maa and her obsession with serials and that too dramatic ones ugh I hated that and sat beside her seeing me she smiled at me and continued watching it. I sat there scrolling my socials I had been very busy so didn't check it in the past days.
After 10 or 15 minutes her serial finished and she asked me
"How much money do you give to the nanny?"
I was shocked by her question because I hadn't expected it and said a random amount which was normal and a little less from what I actually pay to her because she feeds my son too and now lives here too so I balance it but still take only a bit Meera hadn't checked it I guess because she didn't say anything about the rent money excluding.
"And when will she go ?" Maa asked me.
Shit! I don't know how Maa would react about Meera living here cause I didn't tell her about her staying here when I told her about Meera.
I innocently said to her
"When Yash will no longer need her."
"Karan I'm asking what time she goes back after her duty it's late now" she said clearly.
I took a deep breath and said to her "Maa she stays here" making her shocked.

Word count:1000
Hey guys hope you'll liked the chapter.
What do you'll think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you'll like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!