Chapter 72 Surprise Guest

Author's POV

When Meera reached the door she shook her head as it didn't open when she tried again.
Hearing Yash's cry she turned to Karan who was looking at her and said to him.
Pls open this he's hungry.
Yeah he replied and went to the door.
Taking the key from his pocket he unlocked the door making Meera realise.
Oh that's why I couldn't open the door she thought.
And when it opened she went to feed the hungry Yash.
Picking little Yash in her arms she took him to her room.

Sitting on her bed feeding Yash her mind went back to the encounter she just had with him.
And in no time the blood rushed into her cheeks due to his words which played in her mind when he said everything is fair in love and war. Did he mean ? She thought but shook her head not wanting to get ahead of her self.
She chuckled thinking how quickly he whined when she called him old man and soon ran behind her. She didn't really mean it as when he called her a crybaby she couldn't think of anything else to tease him back so when she did she called him so. And thought how his black orbs were looking at her like she was the only one he wanted to look at. Blushing and smiling at her own thoughts she felt giddy.

Yash was done after sometime so covering herself she went back to the living room to keep him after burping him.

In the living room Karan had been busy doing his work which was him preparing for tomorrow's lesson.
And hearing the door closing he looked at the duo.
He watched her keeping Yash in his cot and then she went back to her room.
And in no time he was done and thought to reheat the leftovers from lunch as dinner as it was late and went to the kitchen.

Coming out of her room Meera was going to the kitchen to make dinner but got surprised when she saw him there.
What are you doing here? She asked him.
Nothing just thought to reheat the leftovers for dinner he replied.
Ohh ok she said and went back to the living room.
And soon they had dinner and went to their respective rooms to sleep the night off.

Two Days later ,

It was as usual Karan had gone to his work.
And Meera was busy with her usual routine after Sejal was finished and gone.
But after Sejal had went in ten minutes the doorbell rung so Meera thought it was Sejal again thinking she must have want to ask for holiday or something.
Meera went to open the door and was surprised when she found Naina standing in front of her dressed in silk blue shirt and beige pants with black office heels.
But she got even more surprised when she saw the bouquet of flowers in her hand with a leather black purse in the other.

Is it Karan Agnihotri's house? asked Naina to her.
Yes it is she replied.
Pls come in said Meera welcoming her and Naina entered.
Sitting on the sofa Naina looked at the unknown woman in question.
I'm Meera his son's nanny replied Meera noticing her questionable gaze.
So where is he ? asked Naina about Karan.
He is at work replied Meera.
Ohh I wanted to meet him said Naina sadly.
It's ok you can tell me I can pass the message said Meera suggesting as she felt bad she couldn't meet him.
But Naina didn't like her interference as she noticed the way her eyes lit up when she mentioned Karan. Naina had  always had a liking towards Karan and that was one of the reasons why she wanted his help.When she met him after so long she couldn't let him get away from her.

It's fine I'll call him you don't need to interfere no thank you replied Naina to Meera rudely.
Meera was shocked by her sudden rudeness and said As you wish I was just trying to help.
Naina scoffed at her and said Help? I don't need anyone's help especially not from someone like you.
Meera pinched her eyebrows in question listening her and asked
What do you mean by someone like me?
Oh please don't pretend I know girls like you who traps good men by your trap of innocence.
But know one thing Karan will never be yours he was mine once and he will be always. He even proposed to me to marry him. Saying Naina belittled her and goaded about them being together.
Meera was numb listening to her she was feeling bad when Naina who didn't even know her judged her like this and couldn't believe when she had meant Karan and she was together and will be.
No you must be lying muttered Meera after a minute.
Fine then ask your boss yourself said Naina confidently and went from the house picking her purse and leaving the bouquet there only.
Meera watched her go and tried her best not to believe her and let her overthinking get over her but the tiny part of her wasn't sure due to the confidence she saw Naina's eyes.
And waited for him to come back and help her figure it all out.

Karan had finished his work a little late today and went back home on the way he was busy thinking about her who was now ruling his heart and he could just hope she felt the same.

Reaching the home he rang the doorbell and Meera opened the door in sometime.
Karan noticed she tried to smile at him but it looked fake and thought what was the matter.
He went to his room to change first.

Meera was thinking if she should ask him but dreaded the answer.
And finally decided to ask him as she wanted the truth no matter what. Even if the truth could ruin her.

Karan came back to the living room and before he could take Yash in his arms Meera stopped him saying she wanted to talk to him. He was fine with it but thought what would she want to talk to about.

Taking a deep breath Meera looked at him who was now sitting on the sofa across her patiently waiting for her to talk.
Umm.. today Naina came to the house with this saying she brought the flower bouquet to him.
Ohh she didn't need to bring this he said with a smile looking at the bouquet.
And finally Meera uttered the question she thought could ruin her.
So I just want to know the truth please saying she started and he nodded in response.
Did you ever propose to Naina to marry her ?
She asked making Karan shocked  by her question.

Word count:1150
Hey guys hope you'll like the chapter.
What do you think will happen next?
Read more to find out.
Pls vote, comment and share if you like it ok; )
Thank you*
Toodles!!!