CHAPTER TWO:KING'S TURMOIL

As salaam mu alaykum...I made a mistake in the previous chapter.The Shahensha's name is Haider.

Shahensha Haider P.O.V.

The desert wind rustled the tent walls,causing them to curl and creak under the wind,creating the only sound to be heard amongst the ones in the tent as we stood around the table on which the layout of the battlefield left us wondering about the strategy that we could use.I looked around at my army generals and commanders who looked worried and deep in thought at the battlefield layout,as Khadir Mirza removed a horse that represented a battalion of a hundred men.

"Shahensha." I looked towards General Ehmed Khan,nodding my head,giving him permission to talk,"If Mukhtar Ahmed Khan saab's cavalry does not reach us until the next morning we will need to retreat."

I slammed my hand on the table,causing the pieces on the table to fall to the side,"How could they be knowing our every move,every strategy?" I glanced around the room,eyes narrowed,lips curled as the two generals and two commanders bowed their heads,"I don't know what you need to do to find the traitor.I want his head along with Yabir's head."

Yabir,a former loyal general and Mukhtar of three lands,who had decided to rebel and kill for Jaabirsher.He had killed all the mukhtar's before taking helm of the city.The citizens had been the ones to come to Agra Mehal,voicing the difficulties and torture they faced under Yabir's rule.The bloodshed of innocent citizens boiled my blood,thus my decision to go to war to try and take back Jaabirsher.Yet,every war strategy we used and every move we made were countered with the same exact strength.

I laid my hands flat on the table,looking at my generals and commanders,"How many days until Ahmed Khan's cavalry reached us?"

Commander Jaffar Dilwar stepped forward,a letter in his hand,"Mukhtar Ahmed Khan sent a letter with our messenger to inform us that his brother-in-law,Mukhtar Jahangir will be sending his cavalry since he is closer,a distance of two days from us.It has already been one and a half day,they should be here by nightfall."

"Let's hope so."

Mukhtar Jahangir Alla,one of the most loyal men to have walked next to the royal family through thick and thin.He had held a powerful hold over Hajjat Fort and the neighbouring lands,he had ensured prosperity and peacefulness.Whenever traders from those areas would come to the main city,I would always hear about how fair and kind Mukhtar Jahangir Alla is.By coming with his cavalry,I would reward him with a mansabdari of more areas.

I looked towards the opening of the tent as a soldier stepped through,his head bowed,"What is it?" I questioned at which the soldier raised his head.

"Shahensha,there is a cavalry heading towards us from the west."

I begun to make my way out of the tent,the generals following me as the commanders walked in front of me.We came to the end area at the end of the tents,the setting sun created a dark hue over the galloping horses that headed our way.I could see the green flag of the kingdom in several soldiers hands.Jahangir Alla had come quicker than we had anticipated,I held back my sigh of relief but rather closed my eyes,turning my head towards the sky.

Ya Rabb,let them be our reason for victory.Bless their footsteps and swords to be a means of victory.

I opened my eyes as the horses begun to slow down,tilting my head in curiosity at the figure that rode the horse as Faris Hakim stepped forward.

"That does not look like Mukhtar Jahangir saab." Commander Faris Hakim stated curiously as the cavalry came closer,almost five kilometres away.I squinted my eyes as the sun had reached it's setting point and the sound of magrib azaan sounded.