CHAPTER TEN:INTENTIONS

Sahal Begum P.O.V.

The palanquin got put on the ground,my bandi opened the curtains and I stepped out.I looked around to see Bakshi Bano unmount her horse and she handed the reins to a soldier.She turned as her own bandi held books in their hands,which I had learnt came from the traders at the bazaar who noted the monthly trading details as well as complaints and issues they had.

Bakshi Bano had been kind enough to tell me that Mukhtar Jahangir Saab would be briefed about the happenings so that if there were any issues that would not reach his darabar he would be able to take care of it.

“Malika Begum,I hope that the visit to the Bazaar was fruitful to you.” Bakshi Bano said as she approached me with a smile on her face.

I gave a nod of my head as we begun walking,Bakshi Bano a tad bit in front of me,”Indeed,it was fruitful.There is so many beautiful dresses and jewellery,no wonder most of the palace hareem’s clothing comes from Hajjat Bazaar’s seamstress and jewellers.”

Bakshi Bano’s smile seemed to grow at the praise,”Alhumdulilah,their hands are blessed.If there is anything you wish to see from the bazaar,please do tell me.I can summon the stall owners,seamstress and jewellers to the palace.”

I looked at Bakshi Bano as we stepped into the corridors of the palace,her light blue shalwar kameez allowed her legs more freedom to move faster as her hand continuously strayed to her sword.I would need a specific set of jewellery that would be my own sign of acceptance for her.

“Tomorrow,I would appreciate if you would summon the royal seamstress and jewellers.” I questioned at which Bakshi Bano gave a nod of her head before looking at her bandi.

“Talwar,tell Rukhsar Mirza that she needs to send a messenger to royal seamstress and jeweller to come tomorrow at noon.”

“Jew,Bakshi Bano.” Talwar walked away as the other bandi continued to follow us as we walked into the hareem.

“What are your plans for today,Bakshi Bano?” I asked as we came to a stop in the corridor.

“I will go change then check on the pre-wedding functions.Then I have to attend darbar for the day,I need to brief them on Hajjat Bazaar.”

I gave a nod of my head,”Would it be fine if I joined you all in the darbar?”

Bakshi Bano nodded her head,”Of course,your presence will be an honour for us.”

“I think Shahensha Haider will also want to attend.”

Bakshi Bano smiled as she tilted her head,”The honour will be ours to host Shahensha Haider and you,Malika Begum.”

“Where will you be hosting our Shahi couple,Bakshi Bano?”
(Royal)

Bakshi Bano and I turned our heads in the direction the voice came from,I held back from turning my eyes as I saw Hafeeza Bano.

“I asked Bakshi Bano I’d we could attend Hajjat Qila’s darbar,so that is where we will be hosted,Hafeeza Bano.Do you have a problem with that?” I questioned as I forced a smile on my face.Hafeeza Bano had to put her nose wherever she thought she might find information that she could pass to her mother or use herself.

“Of course not,Sahal Begum.” I saw her look at Bakshi Bano who already had her gaze on Hafeeza Bano,their gazes caught as the side of Hafeeza Bano’s mouth lifted,”Shahensha Haider and Malika Begum do not need permission to be anywhere.So who is Bakshi Bano to give them permission?”

Bakshi Bano let out a sigh as I looked at her,she pulled a smile on her lips,”I am the Wazir of Hajjat Qila.You are right,Malika Begum and Shahensha Haider do not need permission to go anywhere in Hajjat Qila,yet they ask because they understand that at the end of the day the darabar is where mamu-jaan may discuss sensitive matters which do not need to reach Shahensha Haider as yet.They understand even though they are the Shahi couple they are here to attend a wedding and not for political reasons.Am I right,Malika Begum?”
(Wazir-Minister)