CHAPTER FOUR: TURMOIL OF FEELINGS

PSA THE TROPE THAT IS INTRODUCED IN THIS CHAPTER IS ONE THAT WILL NOT CONTINUE FOR LONG.IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PLEASE DONT READ THIS BOOK.UNTIL THIS TROPE IS HERE SOME THINGS WILL BE PLATONIC!!!

Shahensha Haider P.O.V.

As we rode through the city,there were cheers and prayers being shouter.As we neared the palace entrance,a shower of flowers begun to happen,I smiled as I saw my mother,Jahan begum standing at the entrance along with my sisters,sister-in-laws and aunts,my uncles,advisories,munsabdar who were important to the court and three Moualana saab who were a apart of my court.

I dismounted my horse after one of the soldiers took a hold of the reins,I made my way to ammi-jaan who stepped forward to hug me and held me tightly,before pulling back and looking over me repeatedly.

“Allah ka lakh,lakh shukar hai ke tum salaamat ho.Mubarak ho tumhari fathe pe,mere bache.”
(I thank Allah a million time over that you are safe.Congratulations on your victory.)

I picked her hand,kissing the back of her hand,“Alhumdulilah,victory had to have been ours because we were on the side of the innocents.”

(Praise be to Allah)

I greeted the rest of the women of my hareem,looking around for the apple of my eye,the woman I loved most but I knew she would not be outside.I greeted the rest of my court people,before handing over duties of the army to Ehmad Khan as I begun to make my way into the palace,ammi-jaan besides me.

“How did our army fair on the battlefield?” Ammi-jaan questioned as one of the former generals of my abbu-jaan’s army,she knew the logistics of how the army operated on the battlefield.

“They tried their best,we realized after the second day when we lost two battalions of hundred men each that we had a traitor.”

Ammi-jaan looked at me as she registered what I said,her eyes narrowing and her hands curling into fits,“Who was it?”

“Hadin Alam.”

Ammi-jaan shook her head at my words,I steeled myself for her cutting words that would be said,”I warned you about that one.How did you find out that he was the traitor?” Ammi-jaan knew that she did not have question me regarding the possibility of Hadin Alam being alive because she knew me better then anyone.

“Bakshi Bano helped us lay a trap so that we would be able to catch Hadin Alam.” I looked at ammi-jaan take in my words,confusion then recognition register in her eyes as we entered the hareem.

“Bakshi Bano?Ahmed bhai-jaan’s daughter?How was she present on the battlefield?” Ammi-jaan questioned me as if she had heard it wrong,it had been years since ammi-jaan had seen Bakshi Bano since she had been taken away by Gulbadan Begum.Ammi-jaan and abbu-jaan had been incredibly angry at Masuma begum who had just given her daughter away so hearing me say Bakshi Bano made her wonder if it were the same person she knew.

“Jee,chachu-jaan’s daughter.We had requested chachu-jaan to send a cavalry to help us but because he was further away from us then Mukhtar Jahangir Alla,he had send a request for him to send his cavalry.It seems that Mukhtar Jahangir had trained his niece in warfare so trusting her,he sent her with a cavalry and ammi-jaan,she was a strong,ferocious warrior on the battlefield.” We stepped into my khwaab-gaah,greeting the bandi and mulazim,accepting their congratulations.

(chachu-jaan-paternal uncle)

They begun to help me take off my armour as ammi-jaan took a seat and I turned to look at her,”I was attacked in my tent with the generals gone to lay the trap and only she along with Faris,then a commotion happened and we ended up alone,when we were attacked.” I lifted my turban off my head before sitting down as well,as the mulazim took my shoes away,I looked at ammi-jaan again who had her eyes on me,”She took an arrow for me,you can see that she is chachu-jaan’s daughter.”