wikipedia

Alejandra Valencia Moretti is an American-Mexican actress and singer, though she grew up in London, best known for her roles as Dani in Midsommar (2021), Agatha in The Grand Budapest Hotel (2019), Lux Lisbon in The Virgin Suicides (2019), the voic...

Alejandra Valencia Moretti is an American-Mexican actress and singer, though she grew up in London, best known for her roles as Dani in Midsommar (2021), Agatha in The Grand Budapest Hotel (2019), Lux Lisbon in The Virgin Suicides (2019), the voice of Gwen Stacy in Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse (2020), and her recurring TV roles as Rosita Espinosa in The Walking Dead (2016-current) and Maddy Perez in Euphoria (2020-current). Moretti made her acting debut in a college short film at the age of 6 before starring in her first Hollywood movie, Catherine Hardwicke's Twilight as Bella's friend, Angela. She often claims that her performance in Twilight was her "big break" and she wouldn't have landed the role of Rosita in The Walking Dead without it.

Alejandra also sings, having released her debut album "sweetener" in 2018 - which received heavy critical acclaim, won a grammy and is often regarded as one of the best debut albums of all time, the tracks "no tears left to cry", "god is a woman", and "breathin" having occupied the top 3 spots on The Billboard Hot 100 for a month straight. Despite this, she has often spoken about the song "carlos sainz" being her favourite on the album, the song written and named after her then boyfriend (now ex) of the same name, though after their breakup she has chosen not to acknowledge the song since. After a long legal battle with The 1975's lead singer Matty Healy, she has now been granted writing credits on numerous songs from their discography such as "Chocolate", "Robbers" and "Sex". Since he lost the legal battle, Healy and The 1975 have released another song "About You" in which Moretti's vocals feature, but she hasn't commented on this, and no further legal action has been taken.

Outside of her professional life, Alejandra is an avid sports fan, having been a very public supporter of Formula 1, in which her ex-boyfriend Carlos Sainz drives for Scuderia Ferrari alongside Charles Leclerc, a close friend of hers. Moretti also plays tennis and attends tournaments whenever she can.

Moretti is also a brand ambassador for Dior, and has her own makeup line, Rare Beauty.

She took a break from the industry in 2021 due to the break up between her and Sainz, only appearing in select episodes of The Walking Dead as Rosita, but made her come back earlier this year, revealing she had been working again, and it has been rumoured that she is now seeing Jacob Elordi, her co-star and onscreen boyfriend in Euphoria.

Alejandra's upcoming projects include the voice of Gwen Stacy in Spiderman: Across The Spiderverse (2023), Physicist Barbie in Greta Gerwig's Barbie (2023) and an untitled second album.