viii

In hindsight, inviting Carlos to her apartment was probably not the best idea. It was 1am, and Alejandra was currently scrubbing her kitchen counter frantically while shuffling around in her duster slippers.

"Why are you even doing this?" Rosie questioned, walking through the front door with doughnuts after Ally had called her and told her the situation, "He's coming here to talk to you not to inspect your house for dust behind your jam jars"

Tossing her sponge in the sink, she shuffled over to her best friend and grabbed a doughnut from the box, "I invited him here, I feel like I owe it to him that the place is clean", cringing at how the girl looked at her.

"Ally you do not owe that man anything. He is the one who tried to make you agree to marriage when you weren't ready, if anything he's the one who should be cleaning the place."

"I'll force him to wear these stupid duster slippers the minute he gets here then", she laughed, wiggling her slipper clad foot in Rosie's face.

"If you don't get that nasty rag out of my face I'm leaving with these doughnuts"

INSTAGRAM

rosielopez

liked by alejandramoretti, landonorris and 654,576 others!

rosielopez > fuck men im marrying her

alejandramoretti UR SO GORG MWAHH 🩷❤️‍🩹

landonorris so if i slid into your dms you'd ghost me 🫣
> rosielopez im lactose intolerant sooo...

username1 THE FACE CARDS NEVER STOP DECLINING

username2 LANDO TRYING TO SHOOT HIS SHOT ROSIE DONT DO IT HES IN HIS WHORE ERA!!!!

REAL LIFE

Rosie had slept over, the two girls falling asleep on the sofa watching The Princess Diaries and complaining they didn't have a Nicholas Devereaux for themselves. She'd left not long after, having to go to a meeting with Chanel - which left Alejandra with the choice of either stress cleaning again or going back to sleep.

Unfortunately, she chose the latter, and she was woken up to the sound of her doorbell ringing continuously.

Carlos.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit", she muttered to herself as she hopped out of bed, looked at her reflection in the mirror before pulling a face, and ran towards her door to unlock it.

Carlos Sainz was standing on her doorstep with a bunch of carnations and babies breath clutched in his hand - her favourite flowers.

"Hi"

"You remembered", She whispered, looking at the pale pink and white flowers.

He smiled softly, "How could I ever forget?"

Accepting the flowers, she led him into the living room before quickly fetching a vase and putting them in it. Carefully, she placed the vase on her coffee table before sitting opposite Carlos on the sofa. She took this as her first opportunity to really look at him, having been wrapped up in the prettiness of the flowers to take in the man who had gifted them to her. He had changed, of course, she hadn't seen him in person for two years now, and her breath caught slightly as his brown eyes, that speckled with gold in the sunlight met her own.

"You like what you see, huh?" He laughed, wiggling his eyebrows at her, "I normally charge people for looking at me too long but I'll make an acception for you"

Alejandra scoffed, "No, actually, I was thinking about how annoying your face is"

"You love it really, don't lie"

"How's Piñón? I miss him", She asked not wanting to talk about Carlos' face anymore, "If he was here he'd definitely be trying to eat those flowers by now"

Carlos laughed, running a hand through his hair, "He misses you too, when we first broke up he would walk around the house looking for you, he couldn't understand where you'd gone. He's better now, but if he hears your voice in an advert or something he comes running over barking", pausing as Alejandra let out a loud "awhhhh", "I have a video of it if you want to see?"

Immediately Alejandra moved up the sofa until she was sat near enough to Carlos that their legs were touching, ignoring how comfortable it felt to be so close to him again, "Oh my god please!"

Carlos' camera roll was filled with pictures of Piñón and cars, and it took him a while to find the video, his foot tapping absentmindedly on the floor until he found it, tilting his phone towards Alejandra and pressing play.

The camera pointed towards the TV screen, which was paused on a perfume advert Alejandra had done for Dior, her figure lying in a field of flowers and Carlos pressed play. Alejandra's voice filled the room "Miss Dior, the fragrance for women" and Piñòn's barks could be heard immediately from somewhere in the house. His paws heavy on the wooden flooring of the living room as he bounded up to the TV and threw his two front paws up to the screen, almost knocking it over.

"Ay, careful cabrón!", Carlos exclaimed in Spanish, "I know you're excited to see your mama but please don't break my TV!"

Tears fell fast from Alejandra's eyes, and Carlos instinctively threw his arm around her shoulder and pulled her in close and instead of pulling away, she leaned into his embrace.

"I think he misses you as much as I do"

AUTHORS NOTE

crying over the ferrari news 💔
but thank you for 4k reads oh my god!!!!