iv

Alejandra woke up the next morning a mess. The nerves of Karma's release meant she'd stayed up drinking a whole bottle of wine until midnight, posted on instagram that it was now available to stream and promptly passed out on her bed. She hadn't even taken off her mascara, so she currently looked like a raccoon, and the bottle of wine had left her with an extremely large headache. The sound of constant notifications from her phone on the bedside table was adding to the thumping in her head, so she reached to silence them until she saw 5 unread messages from Rosie, her agent and best friend.

Rosie

ROSIE
ALLY GIRL
KARMA IS FUCKING NUMBER ONE
YOU DID IT
ALLY WAKE UP FFS
GIRL WHILE IM SUPPORTIVE OF U GETTING YOUR BEAUTY SLEEP THIS IS TAKING THIS PISS GET UP!!!!!!!

ALEJANDRA
rosie girl i am up 😭😭😭
BUT WHAT
YOURE NOT JOKING RIGHT???

ROSIE
BE SO SERIOUS WHY WOULD I JOKE ABT THIS

ALEJANDRA
I DONT KNOW YOU HAVE A WEIRD SENSE OF HUMOUR
REMEMBER THAT TIME YOU TOLD LANDO YOUR GRANDMA WENT SWIMMING WITH SHARKS AND SHE GOT EATEN???

ROSIE
OH YEAH 😭😭😭
poor kid
he wouldn't swim for months 😭😭
BUT CHECK THE CHARTS RN!!!

ALEJANDRA
ur so impatient girl
the world could literally be ending and you'd be out there telling it to hurry up

ROSIE
so your telling me you'd rather the world end slowly and you know it's gunna happen or the world ending soooo quickly that you don't have much time to think about it

ALEJANDRA
icl you got me there

Rubbing sleep out of her eyes, Alejandra opened up Spotify on her phone and and quickly scrolled to the top 50 global playlist - and Karma was there. At the top.

"Holy shit", she whispered to herself, Karma had only been out a day and it was number one. Matty Healy would be pissed. She could imagine him right now, chain smoking and cussing her out while trying desperately to get his band to agree to releasing another song about her, like he had done with "about you" after she had won against him in court. She could've probably taken him to court again for that, seeing as he'd used her voice in the song, but she'd gotten credited for it and she couldn't lie - her voice did sound amazing on that track.

The facetime ring tone started to blare through her silent bedroom. Jacob.

incoming call...
JACOB
alejandra in bold
jacob in italics

Quickly, she brushed her fingers through her hair and pressed accept. Jacob immediately came on screen, currently in a makeup trailer getting his Elvis wig installed for Priscilla which he was currently shooting.

"Yeah, that's perfect thanks", he said as an assistant placed a cup of coffee down in front of him, "Babe hey! My makeup artists won't stop playing your new song, honestly I think they've gotta be the reason for half of your streams, but seriously Karma could be the song of the year Alejandra, like this has grammy award winning potential and I can't wait to see you up on that stage"

Immediately a blush rose on her cheeks, she really liked Jacob and she'd forgotten what it was like to have someone you felt that way towards compliment her, "Stop! You're going to give me such a big head"

He laughed, "At least you won't have to try too hard for a halloween costume this year, if you've got a big head all I've gotta do is paint you blue and you can be Megamind"

"Only cause you wanna be Roxanne and wear that tight red dress. I'm onto you Mr. Elordi!" She laughed, pointing at him before rubbing more sleep out of her eyes as he laughed along with her, "But thank you J, you always make me feel so wanted and special and I haven't felt like that in a long time"

"You deserve it Al, I'm always gunna be here in your corner cheering you on" His voice suddenly being cut off by a crew member giving him a five minute warning to be on set, "Hey I've gotta go but again I'm so proud of you and I don't care if it makes you big headed I'm gunna shout my adoration for you from the rooftops okay? I'll call you later, bye babe"

"Bye Jacob!!" She blew him a kiss, and the call ended. Truthfully, Alejandra wasn't sure when she'd ever felt so content. She had a flourishing music career, three new acting projects coming out soon, Jacob, who seemed to worship the ground she walked on, and her friends and family who she always knew she could depend on.

Her phone buzzed with a notification.

Rosie

ROSIE
oh btw you've got an interview with wired autocomplete at 12

Looking at the clock, which read 9:45am she let out a loud fuck.

ALEJANDRA
you are the most disorganised agent ever  😭😭
i'm so close to firing you 👎

ROSIE
girl you would never 😭
who got you into the met gala this year where you and mr elordi finally confessed to each other huh???? 😘😘😘

ALEJANDRA
... you 🫣

ROSIE
yeah im pretty sure my job is safe 🙏🙏🙏

Throwing her phone on her bed, she began scrambling around her apartment to get ready for her interview.