ch 38 - alex (short)

"Did you tell Naomi I love them? I need to know you told Naomi I love them." I said to Jo, suddenly very aware that my best friend was just on the phone with my favorite band.

"Woah woah woah, slow your roll cowboy," Jo said. She explained what the phone call entailed, complete with shocked and amazed reactions that I could not hold in.

"Oh my god," I said, disbelief evident in my tone. "You talked to Naomi."

"I did, but the conversation quickly shifted so I sadly did not get to convey your love for them. We can't call them back right this second because they were about to go on when we hung up, but Julien told me she'd call me back after the show so maybe we could convince them to chat for a minute." Jo said in an attempt to reassure me.

"THAT WOULD BE THE BEST!" I heard myself scream, causing Nick and Liv to laugh. "We have to go home and start getting ready! I have to know what I'm going to say to them and what if it ends up being a facetime call? Oh my god I can't look like this! We have to go!" I said as the panic started to set in. There was a possibility that I could talk to the band that shaped me into the person I am today.

"Okay okay, go get our stuff," Jo said, holding back a laugh. "I have to close Nick's tab and then I'll meet you at the car."

"Okay!" I shouted over my shoulder as I took off in the direction of the office.

I quickly grabbed both our bags and water bottles from the office and did a quick scan of the cameras to make sure everyone was good before we left. I ran around and said bye to everyone in a way that more than likely scared them, but I didn't care. I started to head toward the door when I heard a voice calling after me.

"Alex! Wait up!" I heard the voice say. I turned around and realized it was Nick, and I remembered his rule.

"Nick, I know you say no one walks out to the car alone, but I need you to pick up the pace if you're coming with me," I said, starting to sound out of breath.

I jogged in place as I watched him jog over to me with a smile on his face to make sure I made it out to our car safely.

"I got it from here, but you're more than welcome to watch from the door," I shouted over my shoulder as I picked up the pace again.

I sprinted out to the car, and while normally I would have wanted Jo to drive us home, I found myself hopping in the driver's seat and starting the engine. I quickly opened spotify and scrolled through all of the MUNA playlists I had pulled up on my phone. I scrolled through for a minute before deciding on my upbeat playlist. I listened to Anything But Me, and the next song that came on was Solid. I was singing my little heart out when the passenger door opened and Jo got in.

"Let's go home, nerd," Jo said with a laugh.

We rolled the windows down and blasted MUNA the whole way home, and I rushed inside as soon as I could get the car in park.

"I'M GETTING IN THE SHOWER!" I shouted at Jo as I ran to the bathroom to take the quickest shower of my life.