ch 43 - jo

When we finally all decided to get back up, I made the executive decision of telling everyone to get in their pajamas so we could be comfy to watch our movie. Everyone got changed, and met back in the living room a few minutes later. We went back and forth for a while on what we wanted to watch, and we eventually landed on Mamma Mia because Julien and Naomi had said they had never seen it all the way through. As we enjoyed the movie and the snacks they had brought with them, Alex and I asked MUNA all the questions we could think to ask. We told them about all the times we had seen them in concert, and how we had matching tattoos that said "solid" above our knees.

"So THAT'S what that's for!" Phoebe exclaimed as we were explaining the story behind it.

That conversation led into a tattoo tour from every person in the room with tattoos, and that conversation led into another conversation. We talked through the whole movie, and halfway through the second movie before I remembered I had gotten Liv's number for Alex earlier in the night.

"Oh, Alex," I said when the thought resurfaced in my brain. "I got you something tonight," I said with a slight smirk on my face as I wiggled my eyebrows at them.

"I was with you for 95% of the day today, when could you have possibly gotten me something?" they asked with confusion laced in their tone.

"It may or may not be 10 digits that you may or may not want to put in your phone," I said in a sing-songy voice, causing the room to go silent.

"Shut up," they deadpanned. "Shut up shut up shut up you did not."

"Except I totally did, and I was serious about you having the day off tomorrow," I said with a smile. "And they're totally into you, if you couldn't tell on your own."

"SPILL!" Phoebe shouted, interrupting the conversation I forgot I wasn't having with Alex privately, but instead in front of our friends, new and old.

"Remember the person I was telling you guys about on the phone earlier? Nick's friend?" I asked, causing everyone in the room to nod except for Alex. "Well, I got their number and I am actively trying to convince them to take Liv on a date tomorrow night because I decided they needed a night off from work."

"Oh, so you're going, right?" Lucy said.

"I don't want to miss out on hanging out with you guys though," Alex said as a slight pout appeared across their features.

"Well, first of all, we're here for the next three days," Katie said to them.

"And we're here for another few weeks after that," Lucy said, solidifying Katie's point.

"We were also planning on showing our friends here your bar tomorrow night," Phoebe said.

"See! So you could take Liv out to dinner somewhere, and then you know Nick will be at the bar, so you guys could come there after," I said matter-of-factly.

"And then we could all meet them!" Julien said in an excited tone that made me smile from ear to ear.

"I guess you guys have a point," Alex said, trailing off at the end of their sentence.

"We've heard a lot about your bar over the past few weeks we've been with these guys so we're stoked to finally get to see it," Josette said, causing me to blush a little.

"Oh my god! Jo, are you blushing?" Phoebe said, calling attention to my bright pink cheeks.

"Oh come on, baby," Josette said as they wrapped their arm around my shoulders, causing my blush to deepen.

"Watch it, Maskin," Julien said, causing everyone in the room to laugh.

"You get on over here, Baker. You know you want a slice of this Jo sandwich," Josette replied to her, making us all laugh even harder.