Friends

Her

"I'm the Khalifa." He says.

She's in a daze. So it's the Khalifa she saved. And not to mention she pounced on him and threatened to kill him.

She looks at him. He's handsome, the first thought that comes to her mind. His ice blue eyes and his thick black hair which is perfectly messed now. He has a small scar on his left cheekbone. She wishes to know the backstory of it.

"Rayah ?" Khalid calls her.

"I...why were you dressed up like that in the bazaar ? Without any gaurds ?"

"I was in disguise."

"Wallahi I feel so embarassed right now." She places a hand on her forehead in worry." Why didn't you tell me then and why didn't you tell me now when I attacked you ?"

"You didn't attack me Rayah. It was self-defense." He corrects her.

"Still. I didn't know it was you I swear. I've never seen you. No one has and I couldn't..."

"Ssshhh." He places his palm on her mouth. Once she's quite he removes it. "You don't owe me an explanation Rayah. It's pretty obvious for you not recognise me and to place that dagger on my throat in defense. In fact you saved my life that day."

"I'm too confused right now." She admits.

"It's natural." He smiles. "Allow me to explain."

She nods.

"I don't like meeting people so I don't meet the residents of my kingdom much. That day I was in disguise examining how things are at the bazaar and then you saved me. We didn't get to introduce ourselves and today while I was on a walk I came across you. Does it make sense now ?" He asks her politely.

She nods again.

"But why don't you like meeting people ?"

"I don't know actually. I wasn't like this but since my..." He struggles to complete his sentence.

"Mother passed away." She completes it for him, looking at him with empathy.

"Yeah." He chokes out.

"I can understand." He looks at her. "My parents passed away when I was 13 after that my aunt adopted me."

"So we're on the same boat." He jokes trying to ease the environment.

"Yeah." She laughs softly.

"Why are you all alone on the hill ?"

"I love coming here and spending time. This is my favourite spot."

"So you must know this place very well ?"

"Yes."

"Good. Now I can finally find my way back."

"Only if I help you." She says.

"Won't you ?" He asks feigning hurt.

"Why should I ? I've already helped you once." She plays along.

"Hmmm then what can I do to earn your help once again ?" He asks.

"I don't know."

"What if I..." He leans in playfully.

"No need." She immediately backs off blushing.

"How about you I grant you any two wishes for the previous time and this time ?"

"Better."

"You come here often ?"