Chapter 6*

Cale prepared for the rest of his plans, win the old power even if he didn't know how to make sure no one was with him. He managed to get rid of Ron by asking him to collect his things from Billos. Unfortunately, there was still Choi Han who did not intend to move away from him. Too bad he was going to use him, anyway he was too weak to gain the old power alone so he might as well be useful.

He went down to the city with Choi han, he didn't explain to him what they were going to do, and he didn't ask any questions either.

They travelled together to all the bakeries in the city with Choi Han's help. It was much easier for him to carry the bags of bread with someone so strong with him. They were able to cover a good number of bags. Cale hoped that given the quantity, only one trip would be enough.

They then headed into the slums, towards the fenced tree.

This large tree seemed to have lasted for hundreds of years. Trees in slums were usually cut down for firewood or had their layers stripped away to render them useless, but this tree was not like that.

The reason was simple. The tree's voice could be heard in Cale's ear. These two had it all the way from the slums. Choi han noticed them but didn't say anything, they were just children and they won't hurt them.

"You can't go near that tree!"

Cale ignored this warning. He also heard another worried voice.

"You can't go! It's a man-eating tree! "

A man-eating tree. Everyone who hung from this tree became mummies overnight. Additionally, any blood that fell on this tree would disappear instantly.

Finally, there was only dirt around this tree. Grass, and even weeds, were nowhere to be found.

This was the tree Cale was looking for.

A long time ago, in ancient times, there was a person who loved food so much that his gluttony caused him to be kicked out of places of worship. This person ended up starving to death.

It is said that this tree grew at the top of his body, and this person's grudge and strength were both in this tree. The Indestructible Shield that Cale was looking for was there.

Cale took a loaf of bread out of the bag and looked closely at a hole the size of an adult's head. He had to first feed the owner of this voice before starting his work. However, before Cale could even say anything, the voice was even louder this time as they could no longer see Cale from outside the fence because he was crouched down. The voice trembled a little.

"You're going to die! Do not do it! "

Cale pressed his temples with his fingers.

The number of people following him decreased as he got closer to the man-eating tree at the top of the hill, however, the owner of this voice continued to follow him.

«There are always curious punks no matter where you go.»

Cale frowned as he turned his head. As he did so, he noticed a girl who appeared to be around 10 years old, holding her younger brother's hand while looking at him. His eyes were full of worry.

Seeing that Cale was frowning and looking at her, the girl stumbled over her words and began to mumble.

"It's a man-eating tree. You are going to die. "

"I won't die."

Cale took two loaves of bread out of the bag and threw them at the little girl. It didn't matter if it rolled around on the floor because they were all individually wrapped.