Chapter 19**

The next day Cale was able to face an unamused Basen Henituse as soon as he woke up.

" There was a problem ?" Cale immediately asked worried.

"*sigh* Yesterday I didn't tell you to trust me... what if you had nothing else to tell me?" Basen gave him a stern look.

"Yes, but I told you everything." Well almost...

"Ah yes, yesterday I spoke with Choi han after we came back from the basement. I learned that you sent him to look for two people, notably to save one! Where did you get all this information from, the attacked village, the Princess of Breck and everything else?! "

Cale would think of a way out of this. He couldn't tell him everything otherwise Basen wouldn't believe him and would reject him after learning that he wasn't really his brother... even if he knew that it wasn't all his fault. The god of death seems to have planned it with someone else but he didn't know anything about it...

"...I came across some information by chance..."

Basen sighed once more.

"You don't want to tell me the truth, eh... even if I don't know the source I trust you. So at least tell me about the important things so I can help you?!"

Cale found Basen strange, the relationship he had with the real Cale Henituse was not like that. How has he changed so much? But he seemed sincere so why not...

"Okay... there would be a terrorist attack on the square during the birthday party and I have things planned for the decree."

"...are you serious?..." Basen had to take a deep breath to regain his composure.

"Do you intend to go to the square personally in the midst of danger?"

"Yes, I must be present in case of unforeseen problems."

"And what do you plan to do in these cases, you can't protect them?!"  Basen was starting to get frustrated again.

"I can't tell the crown, they will think I'm involved or it's lies. And I can't ignore it..." Basen could sense that he was sincere and with a certain touch of sadness in his voice, that he didn't understand.

Cale hesitated but finally said it. "...I also have an ancient power, a shield to protect me." He deliberately forgot the fact that he was hurting himself as soon as he used it...

"You have an ancient power?! Where did you find it?" Basen had already heard about it and above all he knew that it was practically impossible to come across it by chance without divine help. How did his brother do it?!

"The man-eating tree, the ancient power was there." He remained vague but did not lie.

"Okay, who do you have planned to help you?"  Basen was a little more reassured but still worried.

"I'm not going to do anything... Choi han, Rosalyn, lock, the dragon and the kits will work together to stop him."

"I will be with you in the square too." Basen said it with confidence and determination.

"Basen." Cale wanted to protest, he didn't want him to get hurt.

"No, I will. If I don't go I'll find a way to keep you here too."

"*sigh* Very good."

"Ah besides, Choi han will certainly want to talk to you, I believe you because I am your brother but he will be suspicious."

"Yes I know, I already have something planned too."

" Who is ?"

He received no response from Cale, he became suspicious.