Interest Piqued

Monday April 22nd2:14pm

Monday
April 22nd
2:14pm

- I S A I A H -

Resting my blunt in the ash tray on my center table after taking my final pull. I sit further down in my couch as I take a look at my half finish living room.

It's been a good amount of years since I've had somewhere to call home.

And feel the warmth of the inside of a woman.

Yeah that too.

But truth be told, I'm more focused on getting myself back on track than fucking the first thing I see that has a cute face and a nice ass.

Mhmm

Seriously.

My years in the pen had me realizing how fucked up I was living out here in these streets. And Instead of doing what was expected, which was to smuggle inside. I did the opposite, and got my mental on track.

A nigga ain't getting younger.

True, true.

Pops would've been so proud.

Taking another pull, I shift to the edge, rubbing my hands together and then run them down my face. Preparing myself mentally to get these boxes undone.

Making my way over to the boxes that had my expensive art piece. These are a few things I had Clac, my right hand man, locked away in a safe while I was away.

No doubt he been one of the realest.

No doubt.

Placing them on the wall, stepping back, looking at my accomplishments, I can't help but to think about the woman my eyes graced earlier today.

A muse.

Indeed. So effortlessly gorgeous.

Thought we "not fucking the first thing we see that has a cute face and a nice ass."

And we not.

She looks like the type that you wine and dine, wife and create a family with, not the type you just bust a quick nut and ditch.

You got all that from just one interaction?

Yeah, energy never lies.

Like i said I've been getting my mind right.

Turning up the background music, i allow the voice of Mortimer - Lightening to fill the house.

Finishing a few more touches and i should be good.

The sound of my phone ringing grabs my attention, taking the remote to turn the stereo low while swiping the call icon.

"Mommy"

"Wahm me bwoy, how yuh doing"

"Deh here enuh me queen, trying to get this house together"

Putting the phone between my head and shoulder, using my hands to fluff the pillows in the couch.

"Aah a hear yuh, how you liking it so far"

"Good enuh mum, still have a few touch up but nothing major"

"Me tell yuh fi buy me plane ticket so me coulda come help yuh enuh, but yuh just so stubborn."

"Nothing like that mum, any time you coming it's only to relax and not to work out yourself"

"Ahh me boy"

**

2 Hours Later

After a long well needed conversation with Moms, I had to hang up. Cause if you don't you can expect to be on the phone for hours, or maybe a day.

Like them willing fi tell you them life story.

And more too.

And more.

While ordering takeout, I invited over Calc so we could bless the house.. the right way.

"This one's OG and that one's Ice Cream" taking the two bags from him, leading him to where i keep my stash.

"You wouldn't name weh yuh name if yuh never carry out yuh unlawful activities"

Nodding, I release the smoke. " you know the badness"

"So now that you out, new state, you plan on running these streets like you did home town"

Shaking my head, I run my hand through my dreads " Calc, yuh coulda ask a million an one time me G, me answer still gone be a no fam"

"Ahh Kool".

The sound of a car horn pull our attention to outside, watching as our neighbors wave to the GLE making its way over to my next door neighbors house.

I keep my eyes focus on who comes out, seeing as though that car wasn't there this morning.

I watch to see the little girl from this morning comes out from the back door while the front door opens and a man steps out.

Oh.

Turning my focus back to Calc, not realizing he was saying something.

"My bad G, weh yah seh?"

"Me a seh my girl deh did link me the other day a seh a little birdie tell her seh yuh outside, wah know if she can get yuh digits" he repeats.

Taking another handful of the ice cream, i get to grinding. "Who dat Kemika?"

"She same one".

"Yah, she held it down on her end so she deserves a prize"

Laughing he then continues, "one Kam man".

With no expression or reply, my focus is only set on one thing.

————————————————

Vote | Comment | Share

- Chyna 🫶🏾