Private Party

Next Day

- K A Y L A N -

- K A Y L A N -

Walking through the decorated hallway, I follow behind the ladies as we make our way towards the soothing melodies being played.

In the midst of taking all this decoration in, I've been trying to keep the tears from falling. The face affi stay beat!

Dat me know!

Entering the hall of the main event, I scan the faces of the everyone that's in attendance. Not one unfamiliar face in sight.

"H A P P Y    B I R T H D A Y" they all shout in sync.

And just like that I burst into tears. The pregnancy hormones doing me no justice.

Sniffling, Steph gets to patting away the tears as they fall on my cheeks. The crowd now in awe at the sight of me.

"Nuh bother with it now enuh. Cyah afford fi yuh look like scare crow inah yuh picture them" Steph jokes.

I slap her arm away from my face and grab the tissue to wipe it myself.

She kinda right babe. Memba we image important.

Right. Right.

Here comes Ny using her portable fan to blow on my face.

"Move now nuh" I coo followed by a pout.

"Who responsible fi this?" I lace my fingers with Ny's and walk upfront to sit in the seat customized for me.

"Naomi" they chime in.

I look over at her. Nothing but proudness riddled on her face. I mouth an inaudible thank you and love you to her. She blows me a kiss and repeat the same - inaudible of course.

When they called me this morning, I'd never thought this would've been the end result.

The gyal them trick me. Talking bout they had a reservations made for dinner and that's the reason why they ordered in house service to complete my face beat and other necessary maintenance.

The old me would've protest enuh. Ain't no way its a real ones birthday and them only wah carry me out fi full belly. But due to how me love my belly since me start breed and I was due for a full maintenance; I did not complain.

Noda'dal!

Plus, whenever there's any available chance fi pressure me sister pocket me ago take it.

We know this!

Hearing them sing happy birthday to me, a crew of caterers pushes the a cake out and beside a table filled with gifts.