The Reveal

Same Day

                       - N A O M I -

                       - N A O M I -

"Ouch"

Attempting to move my wrist, realization struck. My eyes blindfolded, hands restrained.

Yuh see weh yuh did do, yuh cyah no badda did do dat.

If I could roll my eyes at the voice in my head I would. But being blindfolded makes that impossible.

Cyah rub out.

Due to the inflicted pain on my wrist, I try again to move them. Unsuccessful.

"F—ck" I say through gritted teeth.

Hearing footsteps, followed by a low chuckle, I pause to listen closely. The space goes silent. 

Feeling movements from the baby, it confirmed s/he is fine. I heave a sigh of relief. All I need to do is just remain as calm as I can, for his/her sake.

With a throbbing pain in my head, I start to remember how I got here in the first place.

Emiza!

I received a text directing me to Bay Front Park. Upon arrival, I met with Emiza and was ordered to give up my phone and go for a ride with her. Being under such compromised position, I had to comply, seeing that she had men ready to shoot if I didn't.

Who to blame, the voice in my head jeers.

Last thing I remember was being a few minutes into the drive and was knocked out blindsided.

Now I'm here.

Hearing shuffling from heavy chains, I snap my head to the direction of the sound. Footsteps follow after. Next, the screeching noise of a door being opened.

Yuh nuh start pray yet.

"So we're just gonna keep playing the silence game?" I break the silence.

Seet seh yuh have a death wish enuh.

Hearing a chuckle, one that's low, by the sound, it's obvious it came from a man.

Another voice can be heard, she's whispering.

"Emiza?" I let out.

The footstep gets closer. I can feel whoever it is circling me. The floral scent confirm it's her.

I try moving the chair, but it's unsuccessful. She laughs out. She's enjoying this too much.

Hearing the sound of a phone ringing, immediately it answers. It's on speaker. Purposefully.