15. Raghav's Wrath

We have come so far. Can I expect 50 votes on this chapter now? 🥺

Raghav POV

Everything had changed within few days. It was just few days ago when Maharaj had asked to visit our ports. He wanted me to investigate the source of illegal arms trafficking. However, I knew it was Vijaygarh, but I stayed there to find proper evidences against them.

The chaos that erupted there in this morning troubled me and I realised that our Maharaj was summoned at Vijaygarh's court. I had mounted my horse and travelled to Devgarh to visit Maharaj, but poor me got late.

Here I was listening to my brother telling me about Maharaj's execution and Princess Rooplekha's kidnapping. I was shocked and had started feeling weak on my knees. It became difficult for me to maintain balance, but I had to stand. I had to be strong for the princesses.

I adviced Ranveer to stay at Devgarh and investigate upon this case and I mounted on my horse again to rush towards Vijaygarh. It was night when I started moving away from Devgarh. The morning was one prahar (3 hours) away. It took 3 prahars to reach Vijaygarh from Devgarh, but I managed to complete this journey in 2 prahars only. I was late morning already when I crossed the borders of Vijaygarh. Throughout the journey, multiple thoughts were running into my mind.

My Maharaj Vishwaroop didn't deserve this at all. He was one of the best kings that I had known since was born. He was honest, loyal and was always concerned about his people, his praja.

He was concerned about women education. He always promoted women empowerment. How could he do such a sin?

And coming to the princesses, princess Chandralekha was my moonlight. If destiny had united us I would have called her Chandani, but she had rejected me completely and she was right. I was just a son of a soldier. I know I wasn't his real son and that makes me even more ineligible for her. Someone whose identity was unknown couldn't get along with a Rajkumari. Chandralekha had turned stubborn in the past few days, but I knew she was naive. She was a sweet, loyal, talented, charming and innocent girl. She was a dreamer and wants her life to be life a dream; a fairytale to be more precise. I don't know what she must be going through right now. Her father was slaughtered and she was there. I don't know whether or not she witnessed that scene herself. I wish she hadn't!

The little Princess Rooplekha was my sister. She called me bhaiya and tied Rakhi to me. She is stubborn, childish and playful, but she was becoming mature under my training. Yes! She was learning to fight from me. I could hardly manage time for her in the past few days and she was upset with me regarding that. I had bought a small dagger for her as an apology gift, but my little baby was gone. She was taken forcefully to that bloody Kingdom. I would everyone over there if they hurt her, but how would I save her? I had no one with me.

While my body ran on the horse towards the palace, my mind was busy comprehending these running thoughts. I had reached the entrance of the palace and to my shock, there was no one around it. No shopkeepers, no public, it appeared as it was a mourning day. I could see two guards standing on either side of the Palace gate carrying their spears.

I rode off my horse and walked towards the entrance. There were some stairs and then a stage like area and then the main gate. I climbed up the stairs and looked at the side. Dry blood was spilled on the floor of that stage like area. My heart skipped a beat realising it was my King's blood.

I walked towards it and and bent down to sit on my knees. I looked at the dark red dried blood and my eyes became teary. I touched it with the fingers of both of my hands and brought those fingers to my forehead and touched it. I closed my eyes and remembered all the good lessons I've learnt from the king. He was like a father to me. My tears started rolling down my cheeks. I adjoined my hands together and paid salutations to my King - the innocent king who was executed.

My eyes were closed and I could listen to faded footsteps that were approaching me. I opened my eyes and looked into the direction of the main entrance of the palace. The gates were already open and Vijaygarh's army was approaching me. They came outside. They were roughly 500 in number. One of them announced in a heavy and loud voice

"He is the head commander of Devgarh's army. Samrat wants him - DEAD OR ALIVE!"

And this was it. I glared at their direction. My eyes had turned red because of anger and melancholy. I was broken and I knew how ruthless I become when I am broken.

I stood up and took out my big and heavy sword from its sheath in one go. A few of them moved a little back as they knew my wrath, but many approached me altogether carrying their swords in their hands.

I kept standing in my place and took position and they attacked me. Clashing sound erupted in the atmosphere and one after the other I started piercing each of them. I ripped most of them from head to abdomen. Many throats got slit by me. Many chests got pierced by my sword. I got many wounds too. My biceps, chest, cheek and thighs got severe cuts, but there was no stopping for me today.

I saw more of them coming from the inside of the palace. They were more in number this time. I was totally drenched in blood by now and most of that blood was not mine. I killed all of them who had arrived in the first shift. The second shift attacked me unison and I defeated them single handedly. I kept slaughtering them until the last one got killed me. I screamed, I kicked and I ripped them apart. I had turned into a monster by now. My energy was drained, but there was a flow in me that did not want to stop. I saw more of them coming and I fought and killed again.

They kept attacking me like this. One shift after the other and each shift had more soldiers than the previous one. It was about to get dark now. I was tired, thirsty and hurgry. I knew this was not going to stop. They wanted me. I saw the Samrat standing on the top of his palace and looking at me. I glared at him for a few moments only and I could see fear on his face.

They wanted to imprison me and I knew what would happen after that. The prisoners here are given drugs that hinder their strength and immune system. Such prisoners become ill easily and they die. Such death looks natural and no one questions the Royals for this. I couldn't let that happen to me. I had to live, not because I wanted to live, but because I had to protect the Princesses. They had already lost their father. I couldn't die and let them be here with these demons.

I ran from there. I was impossible for them to kill me. They tried their best to catch me, but even that was impossible for them. The silver part of my sword had become completely red by now. Fresh droplets of blood were dripping from it.

I reached my horse and mounted. He was since last night, but just like me he was also a warrior. He ran at his greatest speed. I could feel the soldiers following me for some time until they lost me. My entire body was covered with small or deep cuts. These wounds were aching badly, but the scar that was given to my heart was aching worst. No physical pain could surpass it.

My horse kept running until we reached the lower ends of Him regions. I wanted to visit my Gurukul. It was located in the Him region.

How was today's update?

Ab itna age aa gaye hai. Apko kahani samajh ane lagi hogi. Pasand aa rahi ho to vote bhi Karo na.

50 votes ka Target hai is chapter ko. Let's do it na

Love you all 💜💜💜