23 and they were roommates

-CHAPTER TWENTY THREE-
invisible string - taylor swift

"Time, curious time
Gave me no compasses, gave me no signs
Were there clues I didn't see?
And isn't it just so pretty to think
All along there was some Invisible string
Tying you to me?"

please vote and comment cause they really do mean a lot to me 🫶

"no, no, no, there must be a mistake." dahlia shook her head at the unhelpful receptionist at the hotel for the austrian race weekend.

"i'm sorry miss russell, but the only room under russell has been taken by your brother and we're fully booked." the woman who's tag read lisa said, appearing like she'd rather be anywhere but there.

"okay listen lisa," dahlia rested her hands on the counter, smiling at the woman. "yes, i was meant to be at a football game today, but...i-"

"i know who you are dahlia, and i know you broke up with jude and now you're trying to play the victim." lisa snapped, stunning dahlia. she chewed her gum aggressively, giving a large fake smile to dahlia as she glanced the girl up and down over the counter. "now, we have no rooms available. end of story."

"jeez alright." dahlia sighed, walking away from the counter. she tried not to get emotional and show the worker how much the words had hurt her, turning so her back was to the counter wall. she sighed, pulling out her phone, realising it was time to give in and ask for help.

my brother george

hey, did you not say toto got my message
when i asked you to check about the hotel room?

yeah i told him you needed one but he
said he had it sorted

why?

well he doesn't have it sorted.

there not a room for me here and every
other hotel is booked up cause ya know
it's the grand prix weekend

shit sorry

i'll call around see if i can do anything

thanks

"you okay?" a voice asked, making dahlias head shoot up from her phone. she turned around to see the curly haired mclaren driver standing behind her with a concerned expression on his face. he was clearly about to leave the hotel, wearing his team kit with oscar and a couple of the team members standing a few metres away from them.

"um...yeah. kind of." dahlia furrowed her brows. "there no room for me. i was meant to be...somewhere, but then decided to come here instead. toto said it's fine and he'll sort everything out but..."

"he didn't." lando sighed, nodding in understanding.

"yeah." dahlia sighed. "so now i have no where to stay cause every where is booked up and that receptionist is, safe to say, rude and unhelpful."

lando laughed lightly as he looked at the woman behind the counter, who was clicking at the computer with a frown on her face. "uh actually, the hotel messed up my room aswell. there's two double beds in my room. you can have one if you want."

a laugh escaped dahlias lips before she quickly contained it, "wait really?"

"yeah." lando smiled. "here come on." lando bent down, picking up the girls heaviest suitcase before she could take it herself or protest, and nodding at her to follow him. "here oscar! gimme a minute!"