33 studio secrets

-CHAPTER THIRTY THREE-

(please comment and vote cause it really helps with motivation and gives me a reason to write!! don't make me start threatening yous and do something crazy cause i will)

with motivation and gives me a reason to write!!
don't make me start threatening yous and do
something crazy cause i will)

(also apologies for any typos, i got no sleep last night)

✰ ✰ ✰

"again!" the studio recorder, graham yelled as he stopped the backing track. dahlia groaned, running her hands through her hair. "come on dahlia, you can do better than this."

they had tried to record 'dance with me' countless times now, but each time graham insisted that she could do better than that, and dahlia agreed even if she didn't show it. she couldn't sing the love song with heart when she was missed lando so much after not seeing him for almost two weeks - which may not seem like a lot to an outsider, but it was the longest the two spent apart all year, and each day seemed to go on forever. it was safe to say the time zones were a struggle to both of them. one of them would always have to stay up late to catch the other on call, some days they would just give up and only communicate through short texts with long intervals between.

"what if we talk a ten minute break?" suki, another worker, offered. "we all step outside, get a cup of tea, and come back refreshed?"

graham swung his chair around to look back to dahlia, raising his brows to see what the girl thought. dahlia sighed, "yeah, alright."

"okay, be back in ten minutes." graham said, letting go of the microphone. dahlia nodded, hanging up her headphones and walking out of the room. she stood in the hallway, looking out the large window and down to LA. it was peaceful looking down on the city. no one knew she was up here, there was no one bothering her asking for photos or drivers numbers. she was here for herself, her own career, waiting to share it with the world.

she sighed as she took out her phone, deciding to facetime lando. she should be able to catch him just before he went to bed. he had a couple of press stuff to do, including going to the motor gp with quadrant, before he was going to america to meet with the girl.

he answered, his smiling face lighting up dahlias phone screen. "hey!" he smiled. "everything alright?"

"yeah, just was checking in on one of my breaks, making sure you remember you have a flight in two days to come see me."

"aww, you missing me that much?" lando teased.

"no. just would feel bad for the pilots if you never showed." dahlia shot back.

"sure." lando said suspiciously, frowning at the girl.

"sorry, you're not busy are you? i should've texted to see if you were free first." dahlia apologised, feeling bad seeing the boy was walking quickly around, looking panicked - which now that she thought about it, was quite odd considering it was almost midnight where he was.