BONUS CHAPTER UNLOCKED

•|•|•

"It's just a sprain."

•|•|•

He moved through the forest swiftly, the tail of his coat trailing behind him. He seemed to be breathing slightly quicker before he reached the place he had left her.

He paused in the center, eyes darting around for the sight of that wild-haired girl of his, but there was no one there.

No Soul to be felt either.

He shut his eyes momentarily sighing, shoulders falling, shaking his head.

She could have stubbornly stayed in place, but no, not his trouble magnet. She had to stubbornly move.

He turned slightly trying to sense her, his heart suddenly beating quicker, something that it never did as he realized the possible danger she must be in, the glow on his wrist still burning freely.

He should have never left her alone in these woods no matter how angry he had been at that moment.

He cursed beneath his breadth.

There were traps that had been put up all over by the Advanced Greens and Reds he had sent out before coming to her group.

Their main mission had been to put traps all over the forest in selected areas as practice, and he was supposed to test all of them out and decide if they were ready for the games.

He could downright handle anything that any covert could possibly throw at him, after all his abilities largely exceeded even that of some of the prime considering who he was, but her- he gritted his teeth, hissing for a moment at the blatant display of carelessness he had portrayed with her.

She was his responsibility and with no active dilect to protect herself, He was sure that even the fires in the depths of below had no knowledge of the amount of danger she would get herself to.

He let out a hard shaky breath when he remembered just how much trouble she could get herself into.

She would have been safe if she was with him, but he knew she simply had no chance on her own, no matter how brave she always pushed herself to be.

He caught the faint sound of a low heartbeat in the forest slowing down and he stood still straining his ears for a moment, growing familiar with that fast pacing of that heart.

Jaw clenching he swiftly moved through the forest, heart pounding faster with every added pound of the sound that was sounding like alarms in his head.

His breathing increased until he broke into a clearing, eyes darting around until he spotted the outline of a struggling figure further in the bushes, vines wrapping around her leg, traveling up the length to her thighs, squeezing as she curled out in pain, no sound but the fear in her eyes that he felt down his soul, a hand trying desperately to pull the thick vines off.

He knew that trap from anywhere. Raskei.

There was no way to stop a cursed tree without Killing it, as long as Raskei herself wasn't there.

His eyes darted to the bushy trees by which the vines came from, moving towards them, eyes turning midnight black, dark veins growing behind them, from the corners of his eyes as the tree bushes turned from their vibrant green, roots circling up, shriveling as the life force was sucked from them.

Stepping away from it, he watched as the vines slowly died, uncoiling itself from her leg.

He moved near to here she was, "you're just a magnet for danger," he grunted, the heel of his boot squishing the last remainder of the vine that reached out for her