Chapter Three

A few days later I was standing the lobby of the Los Angeles Airport, waiting for my cousin and it was taking forever. 

I was drinking a special blend of orange rose petal tea from my travel mug, and watching some of the people moving around. 

Charlie had stayed behind at the house and I had him watching the food, the noodles and sauce was already done, he just had to keep it warm and take the garlic bread out of the oven, very simple. 

I sighed a little impatiently, taking a drink from my tea when I noticed people coming out of the terminal and after what felt like hours Bella was walking towards me. She looked like she was relieved.

"Lena?"

"Hey Bells." I said smiling.

"I thought dad was coming?" Bella asked.

"I had something to pick up anyway so I told him I would do it." I told her shrugging. "And figured you'd want to ride in something other than the cruiser." 

"Got that right." Bella said making me grin. 

I grabbed her suitcase and linked arms with her, leading her out. I glanced down at the suitcase.

"Is this all you have?" I asked making her nod. "Hmm we'll have to go shopping and do something about that."

She smiled at me.

"God, I missed you."

"Missed you too." I said smiling. "Talking on the phone and emailing everyday just isn't the same as face to face."

I lead her out to the jeep. 

"You got a car?"

"Yeah, Charlie bought it for my birthday." I said placing the bags in the back and hopped into the driver's seat "He found it at a junk yard and a friend of mine fixed it up."

"It's very purple." She muttered getting into the back.

"Well, my favorite color is purple." I said shrugging, I flipped my radio on and put in a CD with cat paw prints on it.

"Well, I can't wait to get my own." Bella said very determined.

"I can promise you, that is a for sure thing." I told her knowingly.

I backed up and drove off, turning the heat up a little.

Bella stared out the window and the talking kind of took a very long pause. 

I loved Forks, it was a small town where everyone knew everyone, the weather wasn't so bad. The rain always made the air smell fresher.

-------------------------

After passing a welcome to Forks sign, I drove slowly through the town and glanced around, making sure to keep eyes on the road. The town like I said was small town there was a museum, a small police station across from city hall and a bunch of small businesses which my family actually helped build. 

I finally pulled into the Swan's residence: it wasn't as fancy as the Lovelace house, but it was still home. A two-story white house that recently got a fresh paint job. A woodshed full of chopped firewood and a few other things.

 I got out grabbing my shopping bags from earlier a medium package from the back and Bella's suitcase and started to head inside when I noticed Bella getting out, looking nervous.

"C'mon Bells, you got this." I told her lightly.

She nodded, walking inside I sat our bags on the couch and headed into the kitchen spotting Charlie at the table.