Chapter Nine

Sunday I spent the entire day relaxing, reading stuff about the Quileute shifters. They weren't really werewolves but shapeshifters who turned into one thing... wolves.

Anyway I decided to try my hand at making the special potion in the book that would help a shifter through the painful process. It could only be used once.

I called Billy and told him about what happened with Sam and he promised to keep an eye on him for me. 

I would feel bad if Sam shifted, that would mean there was a vampire nearby yesterday, and if it was the vampire I thought it was, he and I would be having some words.... on the other hand Sam's life would be changed overnight. 

I would be totally shocked if it did happen, there hasn't been a shifter in a couple of generations and we always had the thought if anyone did shift Jacob would be number one. 

---------

Monday morning I woke up early, did my normal routine and sat on my floor cross legged, mediating. I heard my second alarm going off as usual. 

Opening my eyes sunlight was leaking through my window, warming my face. I smiled feeling at ease and stood up, putting everything away, setting my cauldron on the desk and opened my window letting the smoke blow through. 

I glanced at the sky, the sun was bright with a few clouds hanging around. 

"Thank you Goddess.." I said happily. 

Smiling brighter excited about the sun and the good feeling I was having, I turned moving over to my closet and searched for something to wear. 

Slipping on a pair of my black shorts, I paired it with a really cute purple short sleeve shirts. Ater playing with my hair I tied it up into a messy bun and applied my usual amount of makeup before shoving my feet into my tennis shoes and added my normal jewelry. 

I grabbed my things and headed downstairs, Charlie was snoring away in his room, I was kind of relieved he was sleeping cause he was always working lately. 

Anyway I made a quick breakfast for Bella and I, setting a plate in the microwave for Charlie and wrote him a note. 

While eating I got some chores done until Bella came down. 

Something seemed to be bothering her, she ate slowly like she was forcing it down. I could see her aura change with different emotions but I shook it off. 

We grabbed our things and walked out the door.

---

At lunch time I was laying on a picnic table sunbathing, I had my black sunglasses on and enjoyed the warm feeling.  

Jess was on the bench doing the same thing I was while picking at her tray of food. 

Bella sat next to me, her eyes scanned the crowd of kids. I noticed she was doing that and sighed mentally in my head. 

Edward and the others wouldn't be here, the sun was out. 

"He's not here." Jessica said.

Bella looked down at Jess, in confusion.

"Whenever the weather's nice, the Cullen's disappear.' Jessica said in her usual snippy tone. 

"They just ditch?" Bella asked.

"No." I said with full respect. "Dr. and Mrs. Cullen yank 'em out for hiking and camping and stuff, I got to go a few times, it's really fun."

"I tried that stuff on my parents." Jessica said snarky. "Not even close."