Chapter Twenty-Five

The weekend flew by, I spent half my time at the Lovelace house exploring and spending time with Paul, and helping Charlie take care of Bella. 

I was starting to get fed up with her, I get Edward left her broken heart but goddess, it didn't mean she had to act like her life was over.

It was just before school I carried out my backpack and a pretty big packed package from the house, I was mailing some of my teas to my cousin Juliet.

"Hey, you need some help sweetheart?" Charlie asked seeing me.

I looked over seeing him standing at the trash bins with Bob Marks who had two beat up motorcycles.

"I got it thanks." I told him just as I sat the box in the back seat of my jeep and turned to the two adults, looking at Bob. "Are you really getting rid of these? The rumors are true?"

"Saddest day of my life." Bob remarked pouting making me grin a little.

"Well, it's about time you did Bob." Charlie told him. "Seen one too many bikers smeared on the highway."

"Save the lecture chief." Bob retorted. "Soon as the garbage truck hauls 'em off, you and the wife can rest easy."

I thought about that for a minute.

"Oh hey what's the word on that bear problem?" Bob asked snapping his fingers like he remembered something. "Folks say they're huge."

I stared at him heaing that, I knew what he was talking about and they weren't no bear... they were wolves and one of those wolves was mine. Quinn has been telling us about her recent dream vision revolving a certain red-haired enemy, and I had a feeling she was in town somewhere... I told the pack so now they've been patrolling double time, which worried me to the bone. I didn't want Paul to get hurt... or Sam or Jared.

I was cut out of my thoughts seeing Bella walk to my jeep, head down. 

"How you doin' there, Bella?" Bob asked.

Bella in her own world didn't respond making me stare at my cousin, at her rudeness. My eyes narrowed while Bob gave Charlie a small smile and walked off back home, taking his bikes with him.

Bella opened the passenger door, and I slammed it shut, making her look at me in shock.

"Bella, I know your hurting but being rude to an adult is disrespectful." I told her sternly. "I don't know what to do anymore with you, you don't act like a normal person who got dumped. It's more like you died."

She looked away from me, Charlie joined us.

"That's why, you're going to Jacksonville to live with your mother." Charlie told her. 

Bella's head snapped over to him, panicking.

"what? No! I'm not leaving Forks." She said protesting.

"Bells, the bastard's not coming back." Charlie told her.

I bit my lip.

"Charlie's right Bella." I told her earning a surprised look. "Look I know Edward broke your heart and I'm so, so sorry but you have to move on."

Bella nodded. 

"This is not normal behavior and frankly it's scaring the hell outta us." Charlie said glancing between us. "And your mother...go to Jacksonville and make some new friends."

"I like my old friends."

"You never see them anymore." I told her pointedly. "You don't even sit with us anymore."

"I do too." Bella told me making me raise an eyebrow. "In fact, um...Jessica and I are going to shopping tomorrow."

Charlie and I shared a look.