Chapter Eleven

The next couple of days went by quickly. Bella spent every waking moment with Edward learning more about him, while Jazz, Quinn and I were checking the barrier, helping Carlisle to find out who was in this town killing. I had a lot of things going on aside from that, I had orders to fill, a couple special requests from one of my cousins and I was working on a big batch of those pain-relieved potions just in case any more friends on the Rez turned. 

Sam was still angry with the Elders for making him and Leah break up, he didn't come home for months. Allison was beside herself not knowing what to do so I ended up tracking him down myself and we had a long talk, he finally calmed down enough. I gave him a shiny new makeover, as per Elise's instructions as a healer for the pack.  A wolf makeover included a fancy haircut, and a symbol magically burned into their skin... It connected the pack. 

It was interesting how much work my great aunt and my father put in, to help the pack. 

Anyway Sam was home, but now Jared Cameron was acting strangely and honestly I was getting a little bummed out, I mean first Sam and now Jared... soon it would be everyone I knew on the Rez. 

I had a huge headache, dealing with the Rez, the emotions and ignoring questions from the group, mainly Jessica... and Leah's broken heart. 

It was finally Friday which meant it was the weekend and I was so thankful, thanking the Goddess. 

I couldn't get away from witch duties but I could break free from the loud thoughts and strong emotions and just breathe. 

We had just got out of school and went straight home. 

It was a nice sunny rare day so I took advantage of it. 

I was sitting out on the front porch with a glass of iced tea and one of my books on healing, there was a cover on it so no one could see the title. Beside me there was a timer, ticking. I was waiting for it to go off. 

Bella was in the driveway washing her truck.  We just hung around. 

"Can all witches heal people?" Bella asked quietly.

I looked up at her, pausing in my reading.

"No." I told her shaking my head. "At least none that are around here.... My grandmother said there used to be thousands of them back when our founder Agatha was around... but they were all wipped out."

"You mean like the witch trials?" She asked in surprise. 

"I don't really know, it's possible." I told her shrugging. "I only know that my great aunt Elise was a healer, but her daughter never got the gift instead my dad got it." 

She nodded slowly trying to process it all. 

"All magic has a limit, so does my healing ability." I added gently. "If the wound is really deep I can only help ease the pain with the potions, herbs and teas I make." 

"Like those potions you give to Edward's family?" She asked 

I nodded.

"I can't heal the dead either or any evil beings and healing takes a lot of my energy." I told her making her nod. 

"That's cool." 

I smiled at her notcing Charlie was pulling into the driveway.  Bella and I stopped talking about witch stuff. 

Charlie got out, walking past us into the house, he gave me a small pat on the shoulder and headed inside, not really saying anything. 

Sensing someone watching, I could feel a calm aura and had a feeling of who it was.