𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

Polished shoes hitting against marbled floors, a cocky smile on a tanned face with a small amount of hair collecting above the lip. He was dreamy in a sense, i mean, many people tell me he's dreamy, but i wouldn't agree.

It's not that he was ugly or anything of the sorts he just..he was just well, not very pleasant to speak with. Impolite, his ego was suffocating when you were in the same room as him.

"Camila, looking lovely today."

His voice was deep, calm, and dreamy, apparently. His finger moving to itch his jawline, most likely in an attempt to move my eyes to his defined jaw. I didn't like him very much, he was- he just wasn't my type.

"Thank you, Luis, very sweet of you to say. You look very handsome, new haircut?"

A smile draws itself on my face, my eyelashes batting. My hand moved to fix my crooked necklace that hung losely over my best dress shirt. Tilting my head slightly, it was bizarre. I don't act this way normally. I don't bat my eyelashes or smile and giggle. I suppose it's just something you do with your boyfriend.

"¡Sí! ¿Te gusta?"

Luis spoke quickly, enthusiastically. He was a fan of how he looked and could spend days talking about his beauty, which i suppose isn't terrible. It's good to be confident. I shouldn't be so harsh.

"Yes, it suits you wel-"

A hand making a stop motion cut me off, Luis head dropping to the device in his hand that blared the song of a popular singer. My eyes slightly widened, shocked at the volume and the action of his hand, shushing me.

"Need to take this, Te amo, nos vemos luego"

And with that, he walked out the doors of the library, the doors slamming behind him and his laughs echoing through the gaps of the wooden doors.

How impolite.

I'm acting surprised about this. It's just who he is. Spoiled by his parents and peers has made him an unbearable man-baby who completely forgets his manners, so used to being excused for his behaviour he's forgotten how to properly apologise, or he just doesn't care enough to apologise.

My attention turns back to the book i have clutched between my fingers, i let out a deep, shaky breath. Calming down and holding the book with more care, i look, peer is actually a better word, towards the door making sure he wasn't on his way back before my eyes drop to the letters printed on the yellowing page of the library book.

Soft tender lips embracing cold, trembling hands, gentle eyes peering into the frightened ones.

"I am with you, Majesty, every step, every breath i am with you."

"Every battle?"

I ask the crouched woman, buried in armour.

"Every argument."

She confirms, her cold, brave, blue eyes looked into mine as she slowly moved her lips to my quirving ones.

My eyes are hyperfocused on the words on the passion of these two women. Two women.

Two girls.

Two girls who loved each other.

I snap the book shut with a shaky sigh, looking around the library and quickly rising from my seat. I was making a much bigger deal out of this than i should be. It's a book. A simple book about romance, a simple book about romance between women, a simple book that could lead to questions, and those questions could lead to me being disowned.

The more i think about this, the more i begin to panic. This isn't a fairytale world. This isn't something i could ever wish for, ever want. It breaks my heart, and it aches and pulls at the strings pumping blood through my body and makes me want to collapse to the floor and sob, sob, and scream about how this is not fair.

But i can't. I never can.

I'm just not brave enough to admit this fairytale is something i wish were real, something i desperately crave.

I slot the book back into the shelf and give it one last look, i look at the book as if it were a portal to another world. If it were, would i step inside? Step inside a world of dragons, goblins, and thieves, of magic and betrayal along with war. Would i risk it?

A world where i could be with another woman freely?

Perhaps i would.

A ping snaps me out of my thoughts about a better fairytale world, my hand digging into my blazer pocket and fishing out the expensive device, the phonecase was a silly little fish dancing, it made me giggle when i saw it, another dings moves my attention from the phonecase, filping it over in my hand to gaze at the screen.

Notification from: L0n3lYCubs

Woah!! It seems ^Mad_Maxi^ wants to chat!!

^Mad_Maxi^ is connecting...

^Mad_Maxi^
U r a qtie!!! <33

I hesitate for a second, my lips curing into a smile. Brushing a stand of my hair behind my ear as i think of a reply to send to this kind stranger, i shouldn't come off to strong or to bland.

When did talking to people become this hard? My fingers hover over the small keyboard on my phone.

Maybe looking at her profile would help me with a response. If we have similar hobbies or even music taste, i could work that into my message.

Instead of finding similar hobbies on her profile, i found a massive taken tag on her opening introduction, pictures of her and a..charming man kissing and snuggling into each other. I was hit by bitter disappointment, i'm not sure why.

They made a cute couple.

What was i actually expecting? She was being friendly. I should just be friendly back. Just a quick hello would do.

I didn't reply. Instead, i backed out of her profile and landed in the meeting swipe. It's the section of the app where you are shown multiple profiles of other teenagers. You just simply swipe to look at their profiles and, from then on, decide on if you want to speak with them.

Bizarre, right?

I skip past numerous people, mostly if not all men. Eventually, i'm about to give up before i spot a pink haired girl with doodles along her hand and arm, posing with a massive smile and a messy paint stained shirt.

Saying hello couldn't hurt..