𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚒𝚡

𝒞𝒶𝓂𝒾𝓁𝒶𝓈 𝓅𝑜𝓋

It had been half an hour, maybe forty minutes, actually. I don't know why i'm timing her replies, i'm just worried - god, i sound ridiculous. I have no reason to worry. She is most likely fine.

But what if she's not?

What if she's, i don't know, injured? What if she's crying?
What if she needs somebody?
What if she feels so alone that it hurts?

My lips squeeze together, forming a tight line. My hand inches away from my mouse, alert. Ready for any notification that could be her. God, i really do sound ridiculous. I've not known her for longer than maybe a few hours. My worried thoughts are interrupted by the familiar high-pitched ding of my phone. I hesitate, take a big deep breath, and reach for the device.

"Hello?"

My voice sounds different, croaky, as if i'm answering the phone to Ghost Face, himself? Herself? I don't actually know who the ghost face is, I found him on my search for horror movies that are popular, and I quickly stopped searching things about him after finding a drawing of a shirtless man, a feeling of nausea invading my senses and making me slam the laptop down with unneeded force, quickly pulling it up again to examine it for any damage and closing it once more as i saw no cracks along the darkend glass. It was a normal reaction, seeing such love for a killer, even if it was fictional, it wasn't that the body disgusted me.

The body of a man does not disgust me.

"Hey, babe. I'm just checking that you're coming to the party?"

A deep, almost harmonious voice creeper through my speakers and nestled into my ears. Rather than a feeling of pleasure, it was a slight, just a small amount of disgust.

Luis didn't disgust me. I just want to make that clear. He is a charming guy, handsome as well, really i'm lucky to be his girlfriend.

"Well, i may need to study on Sunday. My test is comin-"

I'm cut off by an annoyed huff, I can imagine his signature eye roll now. It fills me with this terrible feeling, tears invading my eyes and bluring my already bad vision, i wipe them away quickly and clear my throat to rid it of the scratch that would give away my sensitivity, i don't want to upset him anymore then i already have.

"You are such a bore, honestly. We don't do anything together anymore, i'm starting to think you aren't even into me anymore."

My heart drops, my palms sweat, and my throat goes dry. I was in love with him, really i was, i just - well, love isn't like fairytales it won't feel like the stories described. It feels slightly numb, i don't get butterflies, maybe i'm the problem, maybe i'm broken, some sort of malfunction of gods creation, i am so frightened, i get so frightened when i kiss Luis, i don't feel butterflies.

"Are you even there? God, this is what i mean when i say i don't think you're into me. You never communicate and always go so weird after i mention stuff!"

Luis rants through the speakers, but i don't pick up on the words. My heart slams against my chest, my lungs refusing to digest the air my throat forces into them, i clutch my head with my hands, shaking away the small thought in the back of my head, this action only adds to the spinning of my surroundings, i could hear it all now, the whispers and the laughter, the hushed conversations between relatives and the unspoken question my parents would beg to know the answer.

You aren't gay are you Camila?

"We don't even have sex Camila, everybody our age that's in a relationship has at least fucked once! I deserve somebody that actually -"

"JUST SHUT UP WITH YOUR CONSTANT FUCKING WHINNING"

I don't recognise the voice that comes from me, it's filled with anger and fear, i don't think that's me. I'm sure that isn't who i am. I clamp my hand around my mouth and squeeze, my nails dug into my cheeks, and my breathing becomes laboured and desperate as i clutch my nose, i can't move my hand, even when my vision starts to get dark.

I hear the offended remarks and bitches coming from the phone before the voice cuts off and it's replaced with eerie silence that is broken by a choked out sob, as the tears force themselves out of my eyes and i crumble against my desk, a ding interrupts me once again, I grab the phone, praying for it to be Luis, maybe i could fix this.

^Chatroom!! : >theslasherchick< + Camila 🐇 

>theslasherchick< Hey, sorry dad came in. U there?

I stare at the notification, like if i take my eyes away from it, it'll vanish. Maybe that would be for the best. I clicked on it, biting at my lip as my manicured finger hovered over the small button that was shaped as a phone. Against everything my brain was telling me, i clicked it.

The bizarre ringtone that always made Camilla slightly giggle didn't manage to cheer up the girl as she waited for something to happen. She didn't know what she wanted from doing this, just as she was about to hang up. The ringing was replaced by silence, interrupted by a simple but life changing:

"Hello?"