One

7 years later.. | Chicago, IL
February 2022

"Bro stop talking to me, you making me lose focus." Kanari laughed out.

"But bro how she gon' get mad at me because I said that her breath stank! If anything, I was tryna' help the bitch out!" Kanari's homie, Tank yelled out feeling slightly pressed.

"Tristian! Could you quiet down, I'm trying to teach a class here." Mrs.Norris lectured.

"Girl ain't nobody stunting you." Tank replied as he rolled his neck slightly and mumbled something under his breath.

"I know Mrs.Norris sick of yo' shit, you stay being loud and interrupting ha' class." Kanari said with a slight chuckle, pulling out her phone going to the camera app.

She took in her appearance as she had a fresh 26' inch ash blonde wig installed. She took her fresh soft white acrylics and ran them across her edges, making sure they were in tact. 

"Nari that bitch racist and you know it. Gon' ask me if monkeys happen to be my favorite animal. Where the fuck is the correlation? Is it because I'm black bro?" He asked with pure curiosity.

"I'm sure it is. You're my favorite monkey though!" Kanari closed out of the camera app and laughed at her statement.

"Bi- girl I almost just called you sumn." He said as he jerked his neck back.

"Nigga please. Anyways, can you stop me at my house before we go to your place? I left my laptop in my room." She asked kindly.

"I guess." Tank replied with an eye roll.

"I hope them muthafuckas' fall out, you so sassy!"

"Once again, could you two please quiet down. I'll wait." Mrs.Norris said with a heavy amount of sass putting her hands on her hips.

Not wanting to go back and forth with her teacher, she put on her StudioPro Beats, and allowed her head to rest on the palms of her hand.

_________________________

"Ma! I'm home!" Kanari turned around to close the front door behind her.

Kanari heard nothing but back and forth shouting between her mother and Keith. This was a constant thing for the past 8 years. Safe to say, Kanari was sick of it.

Kanari busted in her mother's room and seen Keith yelling at Erica and jumping at her. Something in Kanari told her to speak up, so she did exactly that.

"Bro would yall chill the fuck out for once, damn!" Kanari shouted.

"Bitch who is you talking to?" Keith exclaimed, chest caving in and out from all the yelling he was doing.

"You, I'm so fucking sick and tired of the constant arguments and bickering. Can't never get no peace around this muthafucka'. If you not picking with her, you picking me with me. You sit around the house and get drunk all fucking day, I mean damn." Saying what was on her chest for years.

"Sweetfac- Naw ma let me finish."

"Both of y'all in the wrong matter fact. You let Keith talk to me the way he does because he's your husband? I'm yo' whole kid bro." She chucked.

Kanari found it funny how all these years, Keith was never in the wrong in Erica's eyes. He had her wrapped around his finger like a lost puppy.