Fifteen

3 days later | Elmore residence
Omniscient

"Nigga fuck you!" A Christian Louboutin heel was thrown at Sevyn by an infuriated Kanari.

"Baby, calm down. Let me talk to you". He calmly spoke, dodging the heel that she threw at him.

"I think I've done enough talking. You just had to go find a way to fuck something up." Kanari spat, looking for more objects to throw at Sevyn.

"So now I just wanna find a way to fuck something up? Ok."

"Naw, don't play victim now nigga. You always talking about a motherfucka' owing you loyalty but you don't even practice what you preach. That shit mad weird!"

Kanari was already dealing with the piled up stress of trying to find out what really happened to her mother; this argument was just the cherry on top.

"If you shut the fuck up for once you'll understand what I was and wasn't out doing." He cut her off before she could say more.

Shocked at what he just said to her, she decided to quit her temper tantrum and actually give him a chance to speak.

"Ok, talk."

Kanari crossed her arms and shifted all of her weight to one leg, waiting for Sevyn to explain why he left in the middle of their sleep session last night.

"I went downtown with my business partners to handle sumn'." He semi-lied straight through his teeth.

"One more time." Kanari stated with a slight smile on her face.

"Huh?" He confusedly asked.

"You got one more time to lie to my fucking face Sevyn." Laughter was coming from her mouth but Sevyn was confused as to what was so funny.

"On my Granny grave, I'm not lying."

"I wonder what shoes she got on in her fucking casket." Kanari mumbled as she swiftly brushed past Sevyn.

Walking to her room on the other side of the hallway, she searched around before grabbing her car keys. She then proceeded to the front room to grab her black crocs off of the shoe rack.

"Kanari I know like hell you ain't just say that shit to me." Sevyn said angrily, snatching her back by the neck of her sweatshirt.

"And did, because you keep fucking lying to me." She replied, becoming face to face with his big brown eyes.

She was so angry that tears began to build up in the wells of her eyes. She didn't mean to offend Sevyn in anyway, but a voice inside of her felt like it was taking over her mind.

"Naw, say it loud and clear since you so big and bad. You think you tough or sumn?" He gritted. His pupils were beginning to dilate and it was scaring Kanari to death.

Hearing footsteps from the stairs, Kanari looked out of her peripheral to see Tank at the bottom of the stairs with the most concerned look on his face.

"What the fuck yall got goin' foe? Niggas can't even get no sleep round' dis bitch." Tank rubbed his hands down his face, slightly pulling his face down a bit.

"Ain't shit, I was just walkin' Kanari out to ha car." Sevyn spoke, snapping out of his trance of anger. He still couldn't believe Kanari hit that low by saying something about his deceased grandmother.

"Hollon lemme talk to you real quick brodie." Tank called out again, trying to catch Sevyn before he hurried out of the door.

Looking down at Kanari's slightly shorter figure, he whispered something in her ear. "Go sit in the car. Drive off and imma put you six feet under right with my Granny since you think shit funny."