𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖.

Ebony's PovThere were many secrets that remained unknown to others about me

Ebony's Pov
There were many secrets that remained unknown to others about me. At times, I even longed to be ignorant of them myself. The duration of my presence alongside my parents before they abandoned me was exceedingly short. Throughout that period, I was deprived of the freedom to express myself as I desired.

While some might argue that stripping isn't the most conventional method to overcome the limitations of self-expression, for me, it was the perfect way. It wasn't about being partially unclothed in front of men; rather, it was the act of dancing itself that liberated me.

It made me feel free.

I was so determined to find new hobbies to occupy my time, to keep myself constantly engaged, to the extent that I had no room to overthink. Unfortunately, no matter what I tried, I couldn't escape the thoughts of losing my child due to a miscarriage.

I know it might sound a bit selfish to try and forget about it, but those thoughts were truly haunting me. They made me feel like a horrible person. The constant blame from the man who caused me so much distress was the root of it all. I allowed myself to be stressed throughout my entire pregnancy, out of fear that he might be the reason for something terrible happening.

In the end, stress robbed me of the most invaluable treasure in my life.

He blamed me. His final words were that I was to blame for our baby's death, and I would have to live with it forever.

Tears streamed down my face as I hurriedly jumped out of bed, slipped into my robe, and swung open the bedroom door to grab a glass of wine from the pantry. I poured it without paying much attention, not even realizing that I was spilling it on the counter as my vision was blurred from the tears in my eyes.

"Damn it!", my frustration echoing through the room as I hastily grabbed a handful of paper towels to clean up the mess. It was then that I realized I had also splattered some of the dark wine onto my robe.

Letting out a sigh of annoyance, I quickly removed my robe, and made my way to the laundry room to toss it into the washer. Leaving me in a crop top and my black Victoria's Secret underwear. Thankfully, living alone meant I didn't have to worry about my choice of clothing.

I quickly gulped down the last bit of wine in my glass and carefully placed it in the sink. Making my way back upstairs to my bedroom, I grabbed my phone and checked the time, shaking my head when I saw it was already 3:00 am.

It wasn't really a surprise that it was so late. This was a routine that I was all too familiar with. One thing led to another, and I found myself stuck on Jorja's contact. I really wanted to talk to her, but I didn't know if she was up at this time. It wouldn't hurt to ask, right?

After our conversation yesterday, I just couldn't shake this strong desire to hear her voice even more. It might seem a little strange since we're not super close yet, but it was normal to want to strengthen our friendship, right?