chapter 23 - gaesekiya

It has been 2 weeks since they arrived in Australia

It has been 2 weeks since they arrived in Australia. Everything had been going well, all 3 of them would hangout often, sometimes with Hana. The dating rumours were still going around, but no one has spoken up about it. The 2 just wanted to enjoy their break and not worry about anything else.

The company decided it would be best not to confirm anything yet. The two were careful whenever they were out, being as discreet as possible.

"Oh? It's raining heavily." Hyerin spoke as she saw the heavy downpour. It was pretty late and the couple had just finished dinner at a restaurant, and were on their way back to Hyerin's house. "Eottoke?" Hyerin asked as she looked at Jungwon. 

They would call a cab, but it was walking distance, so they decided not to. "Hmm..wait here! I'll be back!" Jungwon said as he covered his head with his arm, running off somewhere. 

Hyerin stood under the shelter, her hands in her coat pockets as she waited. "Heyy~ pretty~" A man suddenly approached her, he didn't look like a local, he was Korean, and he reeked of alcohol.

Hyerin didn't acknowledge him, she simply avoided eye contact. "Wanna have a good time~?" He spoke, as he got closer and stroked her hair. "What the fuck?" Hyerin snapped as she stepped back. 

"Woah there, you've got a mouth for a little girl." He kept coming closer and closer as she continued taking steps back. Suddenly, the man was shoved hardly to the ground. Hyerin looked up and saw Jungwon soaked, his hair wet and he was holding an umbrella.

"개새끼야." (Gae-se-ki-ya, you son of a bitch) Jungwon glared at the guy and punched him hardly in the face. Hyerin gasped and stood there, watching the man groaning in pain on the ground with a bloody nose. She had never seen Jungwon get so angry before.

The man, furious, tried to get up, but was shoved harshly back to the ground. Jungwon grabbed him by the collar, giving him a death stare.

"Touch her again and see what happens to you. It won't be fucking pretty."

"Are you okay?" Jungwon's eyes softened as he turned and looked at Hyerin who was shaken up from the whole incident. "Oh.. yeah. Let's just go."

Jungwon nodded as he took her hand, opening the umbrella and the two began their journey home. "Thanks for saving me back there, I wouldn't know what would've happened." "Of course, I'll always be here to protect you, I'll beat every guy who tries to lay a finger on my girl. I'll never leave you alone again." Jungwon reassured as the two shared eye contact.