Chapter 37**

"I don't know, he didn't tell me anything else." Seeing the count's expression, he was afraid to give more details. Even though they were lies, he really seemed to be affected by her words. He gave the excuse of this village because it is the closest village to the forest of darkness, he could not say what Cale will actually do. Otherwise Cale risks being locked in his room. Even though he knew that this village was a bad memory for the two, he couldn't find anything else. But seeing that expression, he now thought that maybe it wasn't a good idea.

"Does he really have to go?" Deruth really looked like he didn't want to let him go.

"Yes, he's been talking about it for a while. I'll be with him anyway, and Choi han should come too."

He was a little relieved that he wasn't going alone, but still.

"Choi han, his guard? Shouldn't he be with Cale? I haven't seen him since you came back."

"Hyung gave him another task, although I don't know what it is, he should come back soon."

Deruth just nodded if it was a request from his son there was nothing he could do about it.

"*sigh* Alright, take care of him there, please. And if you can talk to him quickly, I'm worried about him." He spoke to his wife and son.

The two left, Basen returned to his room. He must contact Choi Han, his brother just needs to rest. He already wishes her good luck, with her mother. He sighed before looking for a mage to help him summon them. Since the little dragon was with his brother, he wasn't going to disturb them. He will then take a break himself to rest. The last few weeks spent with his brother have left him extremely tired. For some reason, he is sure that this is only the beginning.

Once he found the mage in question, he went to a quiet room to connect the orb.

He sat on the couch and waited for the connection confirmation.

"It's okay, young master Basen."

He thanked him before the mage left the room.

The orb connected, he was able to see Lock, Choi Han and Rosalyn on the other side.

"Hello young master, is there a problem?"

Rosalyn asked, she couldn't think of many reasons for Young Master Basen to call her. During their absence, she learned from Choi Han how fragile the redhead's health was. She had noticed it before but it seemed much worse than she thought.

"Have you finished what you had to do?" 

They frowned at the question but Rosalyn answered quickly.

"Yes we can come back if you need." 

"Okay, so it would be good if you came back especially you Choi han. My brother wants to go to the forest of darkness."

The swordsman's eyes twitched with this name. Why would someone like Cale want to go there?

" For what ? It's a really dangerous place, he shouldn't go there!" Choi han finally spoke while shouting. Having spent many years trying to survive there, he knew it was dangerous. However, a sick young nobleman wanted to go there.

"I know but he didn't listen to me. I already had to convince him to call you back." Basen sighed as he said it.

"Okay, we'll be right back." The swordsman responded immediately.

After a nod from Basen, they cut off the communication.

Basen then returned to his room. He really needs to sleep.

The two young masters were not seen for the rest of the day, they slept until the evening.

Everyone was invited for dinner, even the two guests. The Henituse family wanted to know the two new people close to their family.

The dinner was very calm, Violan asked a few questions to the two new people. They responded vaguely. Just enough so that no one suspects their true identity and distrusts them.

They were not offended by their behavior, they understood that they were worried about their family. They would do the same to protect their own.

Once the meal is over and the interrogation is over. Everyone went back to their rooms.

Basen came to tell Cale that he had already contacted Choi Han and the others. And that they were on their way home. He could only nod at his brother and say nothing else. Basen also went to warn the whales that they will not leave until they return.

In the afternoon, Cale who was still lying in bed could hear someone knocking on his door. He was a little annoyed at being disturbed, as they had gotten a head start because of the teleportation. He was going to use it to be a lazy person. He didn't really want to open it but after hearing the voice behind the door he decided to let her in.

"Hello, Cale. Can I talk to you?"

They both went into the bedroom living room, he was a little surprised to see Countess Violan talking to him. He knew that the original Cale, had never approached him and the Countess did the same, why is she now?

Once seated, Cale spoke.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" He asked he was really intrigued.

The person in front of him seemed normal, he couldn't sense anything from their behavior.

"We heard about the problems you had. And we would really like to know if you are really okay."

"I had no problems. Everything went very well." Cale decided to play dumb.

" Are you sure ? We heard a lot of interesting things from Basen."

Well, he couldn't say anything. Basen had betrayed her, he had promised her not to say anything!

"I'm fine, he must have also told you that I already saw a doctor and everything was fine."

"I don't think the incidents that happened were due to nothing." The countess's eyes on him became piercing. Like she was trying to see through him or these lies.

"No, really I'm perfectly fine."

This time she didn't say anything but somehow she felt an unknown uneasiness. But she had to change the conversation, she knew he wasn't going to say anything. And since he seemed fine, she didn't elaborate.

"Why do you want to go to Harris Village?"

He had to think a little, why was this name raised here? He only wanted to go to the forest of darkness. Maybe Basen told them something. Well he was going to play with that.

"I wanted to see for myself what happened there."

Violan understood, she had learned from her husband that Cale's new guard had come to report a catastrophe in this village, all the inhabitants were dead. Cale will probably go investigate this himself. Even if he didn't like this village Cale travels to help someone.

" All right. Take care of yourself, and especially if there is a problem with your health, don't hesitate to tell us. This is important to us."

With that she got up and left the room. Cale was surprised by these words but he noticed that the behavior of everyone around him had changed although he didn't understand the reason.

The rest of the day was quiet, Choi han returned with the other two the next day. At the same time Cale got a call from Cage.

The little dragon quickly connected the orb.

He could see Taylor and Cage appear on the other side.

"Hello, young master. The god of death has a gift for you. He said it might help with your condition."

Cage immediately spoke about what Cale might be interested in.

"What do you mean by helping? Can't it directly solve the problem?"

"There is no solution at the moment."

"*sigh* What kind of help?" Cale was suspicious.

"He only told me about something to do with the death wish. I do not know anymore. You can accept or refuse, it's up to you."