Distracted (follow up)

'Blue stars runnin' down my forehead; cold wings flutterin' and moving'; mushrooms everywhere I'm turnin'; laced with love, intesive grooving.'
(Follow up to Lovel3yxSt4rs's one shot; 'Distracted'.)
_______________________________________

Ashlyn's pov

As Aiden and I drank our plushies, I couldn't help but think if those poor kitties. It was pretty cold out there? What if something happened to them? Will they be okay? My thoughts ran as fast a train on a train track, that's when I got pulled out of my thoughts by Aiden. "You okay, Ash? You seem to be worried?" I hesitated. I didn't want to tell him I was worried for a cat, he'd probably brush it off. But oh well, I'll give it a go, I thought. "Remember the two cats we saw earlier..?" "Oh yeah! The momma and the kitten!, What's up with that?" "I'm worried... y'know, since it's so cold and such.."

I just kept ranting about my worry for the cats, I mean, they seemed so young. That's when Aiden spoke up, "So, in a way, your saying you want to adopt those cats?" He said with his signature smirk, taking another bite of a fruit roll up he bought at the gas station. "Well-- I... Yes..." I heard Aiden laugh, then get up and getting his coat. "Huh? Where are you going?"

"You want the cat, don't you?"

"I mean..."

"Then let's go get that cat"

"But my parents--"

"No buts, Ash. We can keep them in my house! Maybe split custody? We can figure out later, though. Let's focus on getting you your cat for now, okay?"

"You are reckless." I blushed and smiled a bit, nudging him.

"Love you too." He nudged back, blushing as well.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

"And that's how we decided to adopt Duchess and Marie." I finished the story. "They are so fluffy!" Taylor said as she hugged Marie, the kitten, tightly as it played with Ben's hand. "Gotta admit, they're pretty cute." Tyler admitted as Ashlyn gave Aiden Duchess. "I know, right? No wonder Ash fell in love with them" Aiden joked, the rest laughing as Marie tried to make Ben take off the little sweater she had on.

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

(A/N)
(IM SO GLAD I GOT TO WRITE ONE OF MY HEADCANONS (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠) ALSO GO CHECK PUT LOVELY'S PART ITS SO AMAZING 🤞)