Mad hatter

'I'm peeling the skin off my face'
(Warning: mention of exposed facial muscle)
_______________________________________
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

Aiden's pov

I dodged the phantom's attack, just barely. It scratched my arm, not too badly, but enough for it to bleed a bit and slightly rip through my shirt. I let out a grunt as I stabbed the phantom, the blood spewing onto my legs.

"Everyone okay?" Ash asked, looking around to look at everyone. "Yeah!" I hear Taylor speak up, everyone else agreeing with her. "Okay, let's head back to the bus graveyard."

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

We get back to the base and Ashlyn notices my injury, "Do you think of healing that any time soon?" We laugh a bit, "Yeah, but there's no med kits left." "Oh really?" She asks, eyeing me up and down with a confused expression. I nod. "Well then, let's go get some." She says, calling the rest over.

♡︎

Ashlyn's pov

We head to the abandoned house where we get our med kits from. Since the man who used to live here was a doctor, he had plenty of them at his house, so we always go there for healing supplies. We go into our "assigned room" (as Aiden puts it) and take a break before sending someone off. "Hey Tay, could you go get the supplies in the garage?" I ask as she nods, grabbing her crowbar. "Do you need someone to accompany you?" Logan asks as she shakes her head.

"I'll be fine, plus, we already took out all the phantoms around here, so we're good."

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

The group and I are talking until I seem to hear a straggler. "Huh, there's a straggler? Weird. Let's go kill it in case Taylor comes back, Aiden, can you come with me?" "Sure!" He says, jumping up and following me. I follow the sound, which leads to the garage. I did hear a thud from there earlier, which was probably the phantom, but I brushed it off thinking it was someone stomping their foot as they laughed.

♡︎

I opened the garage door and stumbled back in horror, covering my mouth at the mere feeling of disgust. As I stumbled, I hit something, or someone, better said. He wrapped his arms around me so as to not let me fall "Woah-! Ash, what's wrong?" He said, peeking over to the scene. His usual, psycho smile now wiped off to one of disgust and shock.

There was a phantom on top of a passed out Taylor, ripping her skin off and eating it.

As bloody as this was, the face muscles were still visible even underneath the thick layer of blood that trickled down the remainder of her chin and neck. Her cheek's skin ripped off, and a gash on her forehead/temple.

♡︎

I felt my ears get covered and shortly after, I heard Aiden scream to Ben as he slid my gun from my waist and shot the phantom. Ben shortly came over and was equally as disgusted as us, but he picked her up and took her back upstairs as Aiden and I stayed down here since I felt sick since I get sick very easily.

♡︎

Ben's pov

I carried Taylor upstairs along with the med kit, hurrying to go tend her. I propped myself down on the floor, putting her in my lap and I frantically tried to cure her wounds. Logan and Tyler soon came, Tyler going berserk as he saw his sister in this condition. Logan held him back, slightly calming him as he distracted him, but I could tell he was a bit sick as well.

♡︎

I finally got her bandages up and placed her head down on my lap, looking at her fully bandaged face, the only thing you're able to see are her eyes, mouth, and nostrils. She was still breathing, which was an absolute miracle. I just tune out Tyler's yells and focus on the girl in front of me. She looks so peaceful, although I know she was in pain, I just couldn't help but notice that. She was still beautiful, even with those horrible injuries those damned phantoms gave her. I hear Logan's watch beep and Aiden and Ashlyn come back into the room, Ashlyn getting piggybacked by Aiden for some reason. Before the shift, Tyler comes up to me. "Thank you for caring so much for my sister, I promise I'll remind you of how she's doing." I gently smile and nod as we shift, switching from hell, to our homes.

♡︎

12:07

It has been 7 minutes, I'm anxiously waiting for that text, until I get it.

Shes okay.

We talked a bit, he told me that Taylor told him about how her face felt like it was burning and it hurts, which made me worried and upset, but then again, she was alive and well, other than the phantom pain. It relieves me, knowing she's okay and safe. Before going to sleep, I text her something.

"Get well soon. Stay safe, I love you."

"Love you too <3"

♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎
♡︎

(A/N)
(This was a long one! :3)