we're in love?

💙Listen to illicit affairs by Taylor Swift💙

"PERCY!" Ares sword crashes on to metal, he wasn't expecting it and is knocked back, Percy slices him.

He's won.

He turns around and gives me his hand. He helps me stand.

Ares laughs like the lunatic he is. "Holy shit, kid!" He slaps his hands on his knees and looks at me.

"Don't call me that!" I shout at him and step forward to look down at him.

"What?" He laughs again.

"Don't call me kid! Don't call me anything! Look at this...this MESS. That you've made us!" I yell.

Percy grabs my arm. "Y/n..." he warns.

"Percy, stop." I  shake his hand off. I feel guilty after that and step back so I'm almost lawmaking on him.

"This is all your fault! You're just bored! Bored with your self!" I say.

"I'm bored with myself?! Your mommy had to put you on mute so you couldn't mess with things.   She got bored too though, plot twist! Now you two have to fall in love. Then, you're on the quest." He spits this at me.

"What?" Percy asks.

"Oh you didn't know?" Ares says. "Little y/n here had to make you fall in love with her to be able to talk again."

"Pause. You're in love with me?" I turn to him. "I thought my mom just forgave me..." I make eye contact with him.

"Uh..." his face is red and he turns away.

"Just know you two have made an enemy today. I'm never going to forget this." He says.

"See ya, kid."

❤️

Percy is soaked. I'm also a mess. Grover has gone through it emotionally.

We sit on the beach. We're by a gas station. "I'm gonna see if I can iris call camp on one of the washers." Grover stands up and leaves.

"Okay. Be safe." I tell him.

Percy and I sit there for a moment. Next to eachother, watching the waves. Knees touching.

"It's nice to hear you talk." He says.

"Nice to be able to talk to you." I respond.

We pause.

"Were you trying to make me fall in love with you?" He asks.

"No." I answer wholeheartedly.

"It's not fair to use love to your own advantage." I add.

"Do you...like me..?" He asks.

"Like you? Percy I'm-I'm  in love with you! Why do you think I ran in between you and and the god of war?! Because I am so stupidly in love with you I would die." I answer.

He looks over at me. Then his hand is on my cheek and I'm breathing in salty air. His lips are soft. The feeling of kissing him is intoxicating.

I never want it to stop. I just want to have this forever. It's perfect. It's warm and comfortable. 

(Fun fact: I wrote this about a subway cookie.)

He pulls his lips away. Then wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a hug.

I burry my head in the crook of his shoulder and just breath him in. He hold me there.

"You wanna meet my mom?" He asks.