11. Marriage(2)

"Keep that there. No.. Put it a little higher... Yes.. No. Change them to white.." Avyukt was currently redecorating his bland room. His room now looked exactly like that of Manasa's in his previous life.

A temple in the center of the room, white curtains, lilies and hibiscus in the balcony and nature paintings on the walls. Usually Manasa should have her own separate chamber, but Avuukt refused to keep her away from him. The funny thing was that everyone thought the greedy prince was acting up, not even sparing a small room for his future wife.

KNOCK.. KNOCK...

"Come in.."

The General walked in with a three year cute boy in his arms. The boy was chubby and cuddly, his big curious eyes looking all around the room and finally settled on Avyukt.

Avyukt also stared back at the boy excitedly. This kid was very important. He should take and train him well.

"Ahem.. Hello Laddu. How are you? I am your father's friend. You can call me Uncle." Avyukt introduced himself. The kid just stared at him and started eating the Laddu in his hands. His gaze was still settle on Avyukt.

"NO.. You are that bad ghost eating kids at night.." The little boy accused and held onto his father tightly who was looking at him with wide eyes.

This little traitor. He had taught him the entire night to be polite to the prince, but this guy was back onto his mother's story.

On the other side Avyukt too had a mini heart attack. He didn't really care about what little kids thought of him, but this fat kid was very important in his love story right now. He cannot run around saying that the prince is a monster eating kids. What will Manasa think of him?

"Hahaha... Laddu. We have a misunderstanding here little one. Come to uncle. I will buy you so many toys." Avyukt tried to please the boy but the kid was nonchalant. What toys? He already has too many at his home. Who is this uncle trying to bribe? YAWNN....

"Maa.." The kid called for his mother who came to general and panted. She was speaking to some noble ladies when her husband took their son and left. She didn't know what happened to husband, but he was adamant on going on a vacation and leaving their Laddu in the care of the devil.

"Aww.. Mera bacchha...(My kid)" The General's wife said and took her son. She nervously looked at the prince who gave her a genuine smile. The General was used to the prince's smile for the last one month but it was a different story for his wife. She gulped looking at the prince.

"Bhabhi ji (Sister-in-law). You don't have to worry about Laddu at all. Go and enjoy your vacation with your husband. Laddu ka khayl hum raklenge(I will take care of Laddu)" Avyukt said and took Laddu from her. The woman wanted to say no, but decided against it as her husband did explain her about the prince's little love story in South. 

Avyukt carried Laddu in his arms and expected the kid to cry. But the little kid was too lost in eating his laddu that he didn't really cared about who carried him. 

Laddu soon completed the first sweet and immediately took out another from his pocket. 

'No wonder this kid is heavy. The General is feeding this kid in excess.' Avyukt thought but smiled outwardly and bid farewell to the General and his wife.

The day soon came to an end. Avyukt was busy with many other things apart from his marriage. It was already night by the time he came back to his room and found Laddu sleeping on his baby bed arranged in the prince's chamber.

A sad smile crept on Avyukt's lips as he saw the little boy peacefully asleep in his room. He too had a cute son like this with Manasa. But he didn't know how to cherish those times. He didn't know the bliss of fatherhood. He learnt how a father should be after seeing his son become a father. His son must have learnt how a man shouldn't be after seeing him.