15. Royal Breakfast

"Why don't I see my son here?" The queen mumbled as she scanned the dining hall. All the guests have already arrived and were waiting for the newly weds to arrive too. The bride would take blessings of the in-laws and then serve them breakfast on the first day at her new home.

The only person missing was the eldest prince who was usually present unlike the rebellious youngest prince Avyukt. 

"Ahem.. Go and inform the newly weds about the breakfast.. Also call the eldest prince here" The king instructed a maid and the maid immediately rushed out to complete the task.

"Haha.. The newly wed couple must be taking their time your highness" Manasa's father joked and the people around him laughed. Avyukt's father laughed too, but the queen frowned. She didn't believe that Avyukt will get attached to his bride in a single day. But it was indeed a shock for her when he accepted the marriage proposal without kicking up a fuss.

"Your Highness, Youngest prince conveyed that they already had their breakfast in their chamber and don't wish to join the breakfast again. And the eldest prince is not in the palace your highness." The maid informed and moved back.

The queen scoffed hearing this. "Just look at how disrespectful they are. I thought getting a wife would make my dearest youngest son a little disciplined. But seems like the wife herself is undisciplined"

The King glared at her, making her shut up and focus on her breakfast. The king awkwardly looked at Manasa's father who had a stoic face. No one uttered a word and finished the breakfast.

-------

[Avyukt's and Manasa's chamber]

Avyukt didn't leave Manasa's side for the whole day. She had a fever in the morning and he tended to her entire day till the sun was set and left to get some liquid food for her.

Laddu was sitting beside Manasa as Avyukt asked him to keep her company till he returns back.

"Princess. How can you sleep for the whole day? Don't you feel hungry?" Laddu spoke as he looked at Manasa's face curiously. He took his chubby hand closer to her cheek and poked her cheek with his finger. 

"You are so cute. I will ask my uncle to give you to me." Laddu mumbled when Manasa's eyes slowly fluttered open. 

She looked around the room first and then her gaze settled on Laddu. The boy looked so cute staring at her innocently and smiling brightly while blushing a little.

Then the memories of the previous night flooded back, scaring her. The pain in her left hand proved that she indeed committed suicide.

"You woke up? I will go and call uncle." Laddu said and immediately ran out of the room. Manasa slowly sat up and leaned against the headboard. Everything she did felt so foolish. She sighed and closed her eyes. She knew she had a lot of explanation to give but she put all those thoughts aside and started breathing steadily. 

She heard the door open and then close. She didn't panic, probably because she had let of that go while she cut her wrist.

She felt the bed sink beside her and frowned when a familiar scent hit her nose. Her breathe hitched when she felt the soothing rough hands on her cheek again.

"Chanda" (Moon)

And the princess opened her eyes in shock after hearing the voice she desperately craved to hear.

"Y-You.." Manasa stuttered as she couldn't comprehend what to say. The man she loved was now so close to her.

"Hmm Me.. Now stop worrying. Everything is fine." Avyukt said as she gently caressed her head. Manasa was still in shock. How did he come here? Did her husband actually allow him here? No way, that would be so absurd to do.

"Uncle. There are no laddus in the kitchen." Laddu shouted as he ran into the room. Avyukt shook his head at his love for laddus.

"That's because you finished everything. And no more laddus or your mother will be angry at me." Avyukt said strictly but Laddu whined and hugged his leg cutely.

"Nooo... Uncle please. You are the prince. Please tell them to make more laddus. pleaseee..." Laddu pleaded with puppy eyes and Avyukt pursed his lips.

"No. Now be good and go finish your dinner. I will give you laddus tomorrow if you behave." Avyukt said and little Laddu dejectedly left the room, not to compromise with his laddus for tomorrow.

The room fell silent after the kid closed the door. Avyukt saw that Manasa's eyes were pooled with unshed tears.

"P-Please tell me that you l-love me.. and.. and this is n-not a p-political game my father p-played again" Manasa pleaded, not wanting the love she felt from Avyukt to suddenly become a joke.

Avyukt's throat clogged up hearing this as his own eyes filled up with tears. He remembered that one line Manasa wrote in her diary in his previous life.

'I wish my husband loved me, and this all wasn't just a political game played by men' This was what she wrote in her diary.

He gently took her hand and placed it on his heart. "This marriage is politics to many, but not for me Manasa. You are not a trophy or a political exchange. You are the woman I fell in love with. The woman I want to keep loving and grow old."

Avyukt said and kissed the insides of her palm which was on his heart. He kissed her palm again and again till Manasa started sobbing and hugged her close to his heart.

"Never do what you did yesterday again, my wife" Avyukt said and kissed her forehead before resting his face in the crook of her neck.

They stayed like that for few minutes before Avyukt made her rest on the bed and fed her dinner.

"Sorry" Manasa said after finishing her dinner to which her husband simply shook his head. He understood that Manasa had a lot of things locked inside her and the first night thing with a stranger was beyond her threshold.

"I love you."

------------

Hii guys,

I apologize for this very late update. This is my final semester of undergrad and I had lot of exams, assignments, projects and higher education stuff going on. This will all be soon done and I promise a daily update from May 4th.

Meanwhile, I have a good recommendation to you all. Please check out "MISUNDERSTANDING'S (#1 of OT_7 series)" by @a_mind_full_of_Z. This is about an orphaned girl working hard to build  future for herself and a talented dancer on who every girl has a crush on.

Hope you enjoy both the stories. Have a nice day. Stay safe and happy.

Bye Bye :)