G

"I must love and I must be loved, and I wish to prove this by my name, if I can reason it out." - Chrétien de Troyes

When She returned her mind was racing upon the topic of the King. What's he really like? How old is he? His voice sounds youthful...

"How was it?" She asks, her free arm ushering her inside along with her husband, she picks him as the child makes gurgling sounds smiling when he notices Zahara.

"I was so nervous. I thought he was going to be.. older." She remembers his clear, silky voice. Nothing of an old man. Eloise laughs and brings them to the kitchen.

"And by older, like an old man!? I thought I said he was young... anyway now you know! A young King." Yes. She thinks, our king has Leprosy and it is only a matter of time before...

"He requested that I grab some of my belongings since he would like me to stay there also. I just don't know... It's quite sudden." Eloise frowns at her.

"That should be terrific news! He takes a liking to you!" she shakes her shoulder as she teases her earning a short sigh from her.

"But you get to stay in the palace! Lots of girls like you dream of that possibility." She points out waving her finger at her grinning. Zahara retorts, sticking out her chin, she does not like the sound of a place so grand becoming hers to stay and do as she pleases.

"But I'm not them... Though, the sound of my own bedroom was very very tempting!" She admits, thinking about a queen-size bed. Eloise plucked the baby from her and having seen Zahara's furrowed brows and how her lips stretched sideways.

"Have you ever seen a mother feed her child before?" She pushes curiously and Zahara tucks in her chin. Eventually she shakes her head slowly.

"H-how old are you, may I ask?" She speaks curiously.

"I'm Eighteen." Zahara mumbles, averting her gaze. It was already an awkward topic for her.

"I see, you are well articulate for a girl, but you still have much to learn." what's there to know. I know enough! I know that babies come from mother's... how they're made though... She shakes her head and puffs her lip.

"I know enough!" Eloise rolls her eyes and nods sarcastically.

"Of course, I am not downgrading your level of intelligence sweetheart." Zahara smiles, tugging the strands of twist at the back of her neck.

"At your age, well, lots of girls look towards marriage. Is that something you wish for?" Eloise pushes, the question catches her off guard.

"i-I never thought about that, no." What's the point anyway? Zahara thinks bitterly. To have kids and then abandon them and not care to visit. I mean how fantastic that sounds and besides I don't know the first thing about kids.

"No, I have better things to worry about. Like... my life and my career." She says openly and Eloise sighs, her eyes glistening with care.

"Your life can be better with a bit of romance, even if it's a drop Zahara. I bet even better than the love your mother showed you!" She jokes but Zahara's eyes flicker to the ground.
"I bet..." What was there to compare when her mother had abandoned her the very week she was born, the distant memory of the maids at the orphanage speaks. She forces a weak smile and hurries away

"I must go.. And pack!" Eloise stands lost and looks around.

"D-did I say something wrong!?" She calls Zahara. Zahara knows she is unaware but it still bothered her greatly. What was wrong? Was I not worthy of Love?