L

"Truly my body will never be prostituted, nor will it ever be shared." - Chrétien de Troyes

As random as what she said was, she couldn't help but consider it whilst going back through the corridor with the night light casting through the windows gracefully.

"And who might you be?" A poised voice shocks the heart and upon spinning around she sees a man with long hair, his eyes hooded and dark.

"W-what?" He approaches her slowly, waving his swords around. Why is he on guard? Does he want to kill me!?

"I don't know who you are so please stay away!" He retracts it and lingers to take her in. Then, with a moody grunt he snarls.

"I haven't seen you before? Are you a new maid perhaps? For the King? Or for my wife?"

"I am his physician. Uh-remind me your name sir?"

"Guy de Lusignan. I am the future King of this Kingdom. Sibylla is to be my wife and you, I will have to do something about you freely roaming around my palace walls. Back in France this will not be inherited."

He is achingly close and his hand raises to her hair. He tugs it gently with a smirk so foul making her want to vomit.

"How... suitable." He mutters and her heart throbs, pulsing with venom. Heaving heavily she does not move as his gaze travels around her body before he strolls away, humming menacingly.

A hazy feeling finds its way to her head as she sways and so as not to fall she catches onto a counter top nearby.

What does he want with me..

She feels her hair as she looks in the mirror recalling last night, the morning sunlight dying it orange. Touching where he had, she rubs it repeatedly as though to clean it and with a sigh she halts, her eyes staring at herself with distaste. She shakes it off and exits her bedroom wanting to go on a walk. Finding her way out a balcony area she goes through a colonnade and into the noisy streets. The villagers turn their heads as she passes, the mumbling and whispering shadowing her with discomfiture so she goes elsewhere. Nevermind!

Fumed, her footsteps thud throughout the palace, her mind rambling on as she reaches his room, unsure of why she was there. Before she could turn and head back she hears him call for her to enter.

"Hi." She begins randomly. He lifts his head and nods, his eyes squinting as he smiles.

"Hello... come, I need your opinion on something." Mine? Whatever for? Upon seeing the writing he was doing on a structure he'd been studying, she puckers her lips.

"Do you know what this conveys?" He asks to show it to her. She leans in to see and shakes her head, peeking up at him innocently.

"What is it..?"

"It's a fortification. Look here these solid lines mark the three divisions to my territorial layout. I want to also add a watch post every twenty miles to ensure checkpoints. I'm thinking that it is expeditious and benign. Tell me, which one looks most appealing?"

"You want me to choose a strategy? But this has to do with war. I do not know anything."

"Yes. I do not mean to offend you. It's just that..." He trails off distracted.

"Your eyes..." He begins lowering the papers and she stands a bit self-conscious.

"Cannot see well. Have you ever had it examined?" Damn me squinting. I gave myself away!